Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
XML Materials-Free Download
1. What is a markup language?
Markup languages are designed for presentation of text in different formats, and it can also be used for transporting and storing data. This markup language specifies the code for formatting, layout and style of data .This markup code is called Tag. HTML and XML are examples of Markup Language.
2. What is XML?
XML is called Extensible Markup Language which is designed to carry or transport and store data. XML tags are not as predefined as HTML, but we can define our own user tags for simplicity. It mainly concentrates on storing of data, not on displaying of data.
3. What are the features of XML?
Main features of XML are:
• Very easy to learn and implement
• XML files are text files, and no editor is required
• Minimal and a limited number of syntax rules in XML
• It is extensible, and it specifies that structural rules of tags
What is XML DOM Document?
XML Document object represents the whole XML document, and it is the root of a document tree. It gives access to entire XML document – Nodes and Elements, and it has its own properties.
7. What is XPath?
XPath is used to find information in an XML document and contains standard functions. XPath is the major element in XSLT, and it is w3c recommendation.
10. What are the advantages of XML DOM Document?
Advantages of XML DOM:
• XML structure is traversable, and it can be randomly accessed by traversing the tree.
• XML structure is modifiable, and values can be added, changed and removed
11. What are the basic rules while writing XML?
These are the basic rules while writing XML:
• All XML should have a root element
• All tags should be closed
• XML tags are case sensitive
• All tags should be nested properly
• Tag names cannot contain spaces
• Attribute value should appear within quotes
• White space is preserved
12. What is XML Element?
An XML document contains XML Elements, and it starts from an element’s start tag to end tag. It can contain:
• Other elements within main element
• An Attribute
13. What is CDATA?
CDATA is unparsed character data that cannot be parsed by the XML parser. Character < and > are illegal in XML elements. CDATA section starts with ”.
14. How comment can be represented in XML?
Comment can be represented as as like HTML. This comment symbol is applicable for single or multiple lines.
15. What are XML Namespaces?
XML namespaces are used to avoid element name conflicts, and it can be avoided by using prefix before the name.
16. What is XML Parser?
17. What is XSL?
XSL is a language used with XML for expressing style sheets as like CSS. It describes how to display an XML document for a given type.
18. Who is responsible for XML?
XML is a recommendation of the W3C – World Wide Web Consortium and the development are supervised by XML working group.
19. What is an XML Schema?
An XML schema gives the definition of an XML document, and it has following:
• Elements and attributes
• Elements that are child elements
• Order of child elements
• Data types of elements and attributes
20. What is well formed XML document?
A well-formed XML document must follow the following rules –
• Every start tag should end with an end tag
• XML tags are case sensitive
• Empty tags are necessary to close with a forward slash
• All tags should be properly nested
21. Why XML has been used for development?
XML is used for development for following reasons:
• Used for Database driven websites
• Used to store data for e-commerce websites
• Used to transport and store data on internet
• XML is used for database and flat files
• Generate dynamic content by applying different style sheets
22. What is SGML?
SGML is large and powerful Standard Generalized markup Language which is used to define descriptions of the structure of different types of electronic document.
23.Can I execute a XML?
No, we cannot execute XML, and it is not a programming language to execute. It is just a markup language to represent the data
Can I replace HTML with XML?
No, XML is not a replacement of HTML. XML provides an alternative approach to define own set of markup elements, and it is used for processing and storing data.
28. How can I include conditional statements in XML?
We cannot include conditional statement as like programming language.
31. What is DTD?
DTD is abbreviated as Document Type Definition and it is defined to build legal building blocks of an XML document. It defines the XML document structure with elements and attributes.
32. Why XSLT is important for XML?
XSLT is abbreviated as eXtensible Sytlesheet Language Transformation which is used to transform an XML document to HTML before it is displayed to the browser.
33. What are nested elements in XML?
If one or more elements are nested inside the root element is called nested element. Nesting can be easy to understand and also keeps order in an XML document.
34. What is XQuery?
XQuery was designed to query XML data which is nothing but SQL for database tables. XQuery is used to fetch the data from the XML file.
35. What is XLink and XPointer?
XLink is the standard way of creating hyperlinks in the XML files. Xpointer which allows those hyperlinks to point to more specific parts of the XML file or document.
36. Why XML editor is needed instead of Notepad?
XML editors are required to write error free XML documents, and it is used to validate against DTD or schema. Editors are able to check:
• Open and Close Tags
• XML against DTD
• XML against Schema
• Color code on XML Syntax
37. What is XML Encoding?
XML documents may contain Non-ASCII characters like French and Norwegian characters. XML Encoding is used to avoid errors and XML files have to be saved as Unicode.
38. Which XML is set to be valid XML?
When the XML file is validated against the Document Type Definition(DTD), then it is called valid XML. DTD is nothing but it defines the structure of an XML file.
39. What is Simple Element?
A simple element contain only text and following are the kinds of Simple Element:
• No attributes
• Doesn’t contain other elements
• It cannot be empty
40. What is Complex Element?
A complex element contain other elements or attributes and following are kinds of Complex Elements:
• It has empty elements
• It contain other elements
• It contain only text
• It contain both other elements and text
41. Is there a way to describe XML data?
Yes, XML uses Document Type Definition (DTD) to describe the data.
42. What are the three parts of XSL?
XSL consists of three parts:
• XSLT – Used to transform XML documents
• XPath – Used for navigating in XML documents
• XSL-FO – Used for formatting XML documents
45. What are the types of XML Parsers?
There are two types of parsers – Non-Validating and Validating Parsers. Name itself implies Non-Validating will not validate the XML and Validating parser will validate the XML with DTD.
46. Whether root element is required for XML? If so, how many root elements are required?
Yes, root element is required, and it can have only one root element in each XML.
47. What is XML Signature?
XML Signature is recommended by W3C, and it acts as a digital signature for XML documents. If the signature is contained outside the document, it is called detached signature. If it contains inside the XML document, then it is called Enveloping signature.
48. What is Data Island?
An XML Data island is XML data embedded into a HTML page. This works only with the Internet.
49. What is DiffGram in XML?
A DiffGram is an XML format which is used to find current and original versions of XML document.
1. What is Extensible Markup Language (XML).
XML is a simple and flexible markup language in the text format. Nowadays, it is widely used to exchange a large variety of data over the Internet. XML consists of data as text in well-defined customized layouts by using self-defining tags. These user-defined tags are user friendly because they contain the name given by the user and make the information easily understandable to a user. These user-friendly features made XML to be widely used as a standard data-interchange format. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) frequently develops new standard for XML usage by different software vendors and solution providers. XML plays a very significant role with respect to .NET Framework 4.0. .NET Framework 4.0 provides us with a namespace called System.Xml, which includes classes that are used to work with XML.
2. What is the version information in XML?
"Version" tag shows which version of XML is used.
3. If XML does not have closing tag will it work?
No, every tag in XML, which is opened, should have a closing tag.
4. Is XML case sensitive?
Yes, XML is case sensitive.
5. Explain the difference between XML and HTML.
o XML describes data while HTML describes how the data should be displayed. Therefore, HTML is about displaying information while XML is about describing information.
o XML supports user-defined tags while HTML provides pre-defined tags.
o XML is a case-sensitive language while HTML language is not case-sensitive.
o In XML, all tags must be closed; while in HTML, it is not necessary to close each tag.
6. What is XML DOM?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Download Technical Interview Materials PDF-Free Download
Technical Interview Questions and Answers Notes PDF
Placement Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here