Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Textile Technology Materials-Free Download
• Question 1. List Different Types Of Washing Faults?
• Color shade variation
• Crease marks
• After wash hole
• Very dark and very light
• Bleach spot
• Bottom hem and course edge destroy
• Running shade
• Over blasting/low blasting
• Over grinding/low grinding
• Bad smell due to poor neutralization
• Poor hand feel
• To high hairiness
• Poor brightness
• High or low effect/abrasion on garments
• Spot on garments
• Out of range/ level of ph value of garments
• Question 2. List The Chemical Names Which Are Used In Washing Plant?
1. Sodium mete bi sulphite
2. per oxide
3. Caustic soda
4. (Soda ash
5. LV (pocket clear)
6. Bleach Kci
7. Caustic potash
8. Phosphoric acid
9. Pumice stone
10. Optical Brightening agent (3 types: Red, blue, yellow )
11. Sodium hypo sulphite
12. Sodium bi carbonate
13. Enzyme (Acid, Neutral , SL enzyme)
14. Acetic acid
16. Desizing agent
17. Potassium per manganate
18. Micro emulsion silicon
19. Buffer, stabilizer, fixing agent, catanizer , resin, anti staining agent
20. Dye for tinting or over dyeing
• Question 3. Can I Dye My Cotton/silk/linen Dress?
Possibly, but keep in mind: 1, the thread and zipper will remain the original color; 2. the trim issue (see above); 3. the stress of the warm-water-and-agitation process.
• Question 4. Explain Different Types Of Wet Processing?
Answer : Normal wash / Garments wash/ Rinse wash, Pigment wash, Caustic wash, Silicon wash, Stone wash, Enzyme wash, Stone Enzyme wash, Acid wash, Bleach wash.
• Question 5. What Action Of Enzyme Is On Garments?
Answer : The action of enzyme during enzyme wash, it hydrolysis the cellulose. At first it attacks the having projecting fiber and hydrolyzed them. Then it attacks the yarn portion inside fabric and partly hydrolyzed the yarn portion and faded affect is produced.
• Question 6. Why Acetic Acid Is Used In Enzyme Bath?
Answer : Acetic acid is used in enzyme bath to control the pH of wash bath and for proper action of enzyme. (To controlling the pH of enzyme because enzyme works at acidic pH).
• Question 7. Explain Function Of Hydro Extractor Machine?
Function of Hydro extractor machine is to squeeze the garments for removing the excess water from the garments.
• Question 8. Described Machine Names Which Are Used In Washing Plant?
• Washing machine ( No of M/c -10)
• Dryer machine (No of M/c -10): gas dryer-09 and Steam dryer-01
• Sample Machine (No of M/c-02)
• Hydro (No of M/c -03)
• Spray gun (No of M/c -02)
• Question 9. Explain Different Types Of Dry Processing?
Sand blasting, Hand scraping, whiskering, overall wrinkle, permanent wrinkle, broken and tagging, grinding and destroy, pp spray and pp sponging.
• Question 10. What Are The Purpose Of Washing?
The first purpose is to remove dirt, dust, impurities of garments thus achieve wash look appearance and softness.
The other purpose is to bring faded look, old look, tinted or over dyed affect.
To increase color fastness, wash fastness properties no possibility of further shrinkage of wash garments.
• Question 11. Does Polyester Garments Cannot Be Dyed By Mere Mortals?
Polyester is created in highly controlled factory settings, using toxic chemicals at high temperatures. In addition, the dye is added when the fabric is in a liquid state. Using Rit or reactive dyes would be like trying to dye a plastic bag. The dye just doesn't stick. Similarly, acetate cannot be dyed.
• Question 12. What If You Have A Garment Or Fabric That Is Half Or Less Polyester And The Other Portion A Natural Fiber (like Cotton), You Can Try Using The Reactive Dyes?
Keep in mind that the dye will take at about half strength. In other words, it's very hard to get a dark color saturation. Cotton mixed with a minimal amount of spandex (5-10%) will take the dye pretty well!
• Question 13. Explain Solid Color Dyeing Cotton, Linen, Rayon, And Silk?
The best dye for vivid, color- and light-fast color are the reactive dyes, Some crafts stores carry reactive dyes, also. Get catalogs and instructions from these sources and study the materials carefully.
• Question 14. Explain Silk Dyeing?
Acid dyes as best for solid-color dyeing of silk. I personally use the reactive dyes on silk because they are so simple and can be done in the washing machine. However, on silk, the reactive dyes do not come out the same colors as on cotton, so it requires experimentation to get what you want. If you want true-to-swatch silk colors and want to experiment with the acid dyes, they require very hot water, either in the washer, or on top of the stove. Acid dyes will also dye nylon.
• Question 15. Explain Wool Dyeing?
Acid dyes are also used for dyeing wool - again, they require very hot water, so your fabric must be able to withstand any resulting shrinkage, matting, or felting. For this reason, I do not recommend dyeing already-constructed wool garments, such as coats, sweaters, or dresses, unless they are really large, and/or you are completely willing to experiment with the results.
• Question 16. How To Dye Fabric In Order To Make Quilts, Garments, Table Linens, Etc?
The best place to start is with the prepared-for-dyeing fabrics at Dharma Trading Co. Their fabrics have no coatings or treatments that would make them resist the dye. Cotton and linen fabrics from Dharma do not need to be washed before dying. They recommend washing silk fabrics with Synthrapol first (also available from Dharma), in order to take out any remaining silk worm gum.
• Question 17. Can I Dye My Wedding Dress/bridesmaid Dress/formal Dress?
The simple answer is no. The vast majority of these dresses are polyester and acetate. Even if they are silk, the construction will probably not hold up to the warm water and agitation process. In addition, any trim may not dye or could take the dye in a different strength or color.
• Question 18. Can I Dye My Blue Baby Blanket Pink?
No, because you are combining colors, just as if you were painting pink over a blue water color painting. However, you can dye a white or natural color baby blanket pink.
• Question 19. Is There A White Dye?
Technically speaking, no. Some fabrics and colors can be changed or lightened using a good dose of chlorine bleach. Caveat: Start with a cup of chlorine bleach. Keep in mind that bleach will deteriorate fabric and if you use too much, you may end up with a shredding rag. Dharma also sells a color discharge for removing dye from fabric. If you are willing to be unattached to the outcome, you can try these methods.
• Question 20. With All These Caveats, What Can I Dye?
Prepared-for-dyeing garments, including everything available at Dharma Trading Co.; all-cotton sheets and pillowcases; all-cotton towels; vintage linens (many of these are sewn with cotton thread, which will dye); natural-fiber items that have faded and you want to restore them to their original color; cotton and rayon trims and laces; cotton undies (elastic will not dye); natural fiber yard goods.
• Question 21. Can I Dye My Upholstered Chair/sofa/ottoman? Answer :
No. Don't even think about it, unless your piece is white or off white, and you are willing to undertake an experiment using Simply Spray spray-on fabric dyes.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Download Technical Interview Materials PDF-Free Download
Technical Interview Questions and Answers Notes PDF
Placement Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here