Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Textile Technology Materials-Free Download
1. What is Fiber?
Ans: Fiber, which is either spun (or twisted) into yarn or else directly compressed into fabric.
2. What is yarn?
Ans:Yarn, which is woven, knitted, or otherwise made into fabric.
3. What is fabric?
Ans: Fabric, which by various finishing processes becomes finished consumers goods.
4. Define ‘Natural fibers’?
Ans: Natural fibers that occur in nature can be classified as vegetable, animal, and mineral.
5. Define ‘Man made fibers’?
Ans: The natural material of cellulose has been taken from cotton linters and wood pulp, processed chemically, and changed in form and several other characteristics into fibers of various lengths.
6. Define mineral fibers?
Ans: Glass fibers are produced by combining silica sand, limestone, and certain other minerals.
7. Define metallic fibers?
Ans: Produced by mining and refining fibers such metals as aluminium, silver and gold.
8. Define rubber fibers?
Ans: Made from the sap tapped from the rubber tree.
9. Give any three animal fibers? Ans: Wool, Silk, Hair.
10. Give any three cellulosic fibers? Ans: Rayon, Acetate, Triacetate.
11. Give any four vegetable fibers? Ans: Cotton, linen, jute, hemp.
12. Give any three mineral fibers? Ans: Glass, ceramic, graphite.
13. What is cotton fiber? Ans: The cotton fiber grows in the seepod, or boll or the cotton plant. Cotton yarn is used to make fabries for all type of apparel, home furnishings and industrial applications.
14. What is linen fiber? Ans: Linen fiber is obtained from the stoke of the flax plant linen yarn can be very strong and lustrous and in used for apparel, have furnishings and upholstery.
15. What is silk fiber? Ans: Is a fine continuous strand unwound from the cocoon of a moth caterpillar known as the silk worm. Silk is composed of protein. Lustrous, smooth, light weight, strong, and elastic. Used for apparel home furnishings, and upholstery.
16. What is nylon? Ans: Nylon is thermoplastic, resilient, elastic and very strong. It is used for a wide variety of apparel, have furnishings and industrials products.
17. What is polyester? Ans: Polyester fibers are thermo plastic, they have good strength and are hydrophobic, do not absorb water well. Used for a wide variety of apparel, home furnishings and industrial fabrics. 18. Define spandex? Ans: Spandex fibers are extremely elastic. They are used for such purpose as foundation garments, hosiery, swim wear and sports wear.
19. Name two kinds of spinning machine? Ans: Ring frame, mule frame.
20. What is the standard of cotton yarn count? Ans: The standard for the yarn count in cotton is I pound of fiber drawn out to make 840 yards of yarn. The resultant thickness or size is known as count number 1 or Ne1.
21. What is ply yarns? Ans: Two or more strands or yarns are twisted together; they are designed as ply yarns.
22. What is ASTM? Ans: American Society for Testing and Materials.
23. What is ISO? Ans: International Organization for Standardization.
24. What is ANSI? Ans: American National Standards Institute.
25. What is ICS? Ans: Integrated Composite Spinning 84
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Download Technical Interview Materials PDF-Free Download
Technical Interview Questions and Answers Notes PDF
Placement Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here