Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Petrochemical Technology Materials-Free Download
List out the methods used for well test analyses?
Various methods for well test analyses are
• Pressure drawdown tests
• Pressure build up tests
• Type curve analysis
• Pulse tests and Interference
• Drill stem and wireline formation
• Gas well tests
2) Mention what is the main advantage of using the pressure drawdown tests?
The draw down test will help you to estimate the reservoir volume.
3) Explain what is well logging?
A well log is used for graphical representation of any drilling condition or subsurface features that come across while drilling, which is used for the evaluation of the well.
4) Mention what are the different types of well logging?
• Resistivity logs
• Spontaneous potential logs
• Gamma ray logs
• Gamma ray absorption logs
• Neutron logs
• Sonic porosity logs
5) Explain what is Pseudo Pressure?
Pseudo pressure is a mathematical pressure function which accounts for the variable compressibility and viscosity of gas with respect to pressure.
6) Explain the term “bull heading”?
“Bull heading” is a process, where gas is forced back into a formation by pumping into the annulus from the surface.
7) Which mineral is frequently used to increase the weight or density of drilling mud?
Barium Sulfate or BaSO4 mineral is frequently used to increase the density of drilling mud.
8) What is the importance of drilling muds?
The drilling muds are used for
• Lubrication purpose and for cooling of the drill bit and pipe
• It removes the cuttings that come from the bottom of the oil well
• Prevent blowouts by acting as a sealant
9) What is the drill-stem testing?
Lowering a device into the drill hole to measure the pressures, it will reveal whether reservoir rock has been reached.
10) Explain what is hydraulic fracturing?
Hydraulic fracturing is a technique in which tons of gallons of water, chemicals and sand at high pressure is pumped down across the drilled well. This pressurized mixture makes rock layer to crack and make small space or fissure, through which natural gas emits out.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members. Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members. Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Technicalsymposium.com-Download All Technical Interview Materials