Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Materials Science and Engineering Materials-Free Download
• Question 17. List At Least Two Factors That Promote The Transition From Ductile To Brittle Fracture?
The manner of loading and the rate of loading promote the transition from ductile to brittle fracture. A machine member may have ductile failure under static loading but may fail in brittle fashion when the load is fluctuating. Similarly a material may evidence ductile failure under tensile loading at ordinary testing speed, but if the load is applied at a high velocity then failure may be brittle.
• Question 18. Which Theories Of Failure Are Used For? (a) Ductile Materials (b) Brittle Materials?
For ductile materials, theories of failure used are maximum shear stress theory and maximum energy of distortion theory;
For brittle materials, the theory of maximum principal stress and maximum strain are used.
• Question 19. What Is The Common Element Between The Brass And Bronze Metal Alloys?
• Question 20. What Does The Alloy Designation Fg 250 Indicate?
FG 250 alloy designation indicates Grey cast iron with a tensile strength of 250 MPa.
• Question 21. Define Ceramic?
Ceramic is a solid formed by the combination of metallic and non-metallic elements.
• Question 22. Give One Example Of Metal Classified As Per Structure As Bcc, Fcc, Hcp And Ccp?
Examples of BCC, FCC, HCP and CCP structures:
BCC (Body Centred Cubic) structure – molybdenum;
FCC (Face Centred Cubic) structure – Aluminum;
HCP (Hexagonal Close Packed) structure – Zinc;
CCP (Cubic Close Packing) structure – Copper.
• Question 23. What Is The Name Of Solid Solution Of Carbon In Alpha-iron And Delta Iron?
Ferrite and Austenite respectively.
• Question 24. Explain The Difference Between Pear Lite And Cementite?
Pearlite is a eutectoid mixture of ferrite and cementite. Cementide is a chemical compound of iron and carbon.
• Question 25. Give One Example Each Of The Following Proportion Of Materials – Dimensional, Physical, Technological And Mechanical?
Roughness, enthalpy, toughness and hardness respectively.
• Question 26. For Which Parts The Wahl Factor And Lewis Factor Is Used?
Wahl factor and Lewis factor is used for springs and gears respectively.
• Question 27. How Oxygen Gas Can Be Removed From Steel During Melting? What Are Fully Killed Steel?
Oxygen gas can be removed from steel during melting by adding elements such as manganese, silicon or aluminium which, because of their high affinity for oxygen, react with it to form non-metallic oxides such as manganese oxide, silicon oxide and aluminium oxide. Which rise into the slag. Steels in which have has most of their dissolved oxygen removed are called ‘fully killed steels’. • Question 28. Hydrogen Cannot Be Removed Easily From Molten Steel. What Harm Hydrogen Has On Property Of Steel? Answer : Excessive hydrogen in molten steel results in the formation of small fissures often described as hairline cracks or flakes in the steel. Large forgings an alloy steel are particularly sensitive to this phenomenon.
• Question 29. What Is Allot Rope? In What Forms Of Cubic Pattern, Iron Exists?
Some elements exist in more than one crystalline form. Each crystalline form is known as ‘allotrope’ of the element. Iron exists in two crystalline forms of cubic pattern, namely, body-centered cubic (BCC) and face-centered cubic (FCC).
• Question 30. When A Material Is Known As Allotropy Or Polytropic?
A material is known as allotropic aur polytropic if it exists in several forms at a different temperature.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Download Technical Interview Materials PDF-Free Download
Technical Interview Questions and Answers Notes PDF
Placement Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here