Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1) Cmos had advantage over TTL
a)Low power consumption and low fan out
b)Low power consumption and high fan out
c)High speed with low power consumption
2) How many half adders and Or gate is required to build a 4 Bit Full
a)8 and 4
3)What is the output voltage if input is 3V with forward loop gain 2
and feedback loop gain of 2?
4) Power output of a rectifier is 40W and Power input is 100W what is
5)What are the number of select lines for 32:1 mux?
6)Number of flip flops needed for mod 34 counter?
7)Most commonly used scheduling algorithm??
a)Multilevel queue threading
b)First come first serve
int const *p = 10;
Ans: Compilation Error
sol: Constant cant be modified.
char *a =
extern int i = 10;
Ans: Compiler error
float f= 1.1;
double d = 1.1;
if ( f == d)
I LOVE U
I HATE U
Ans: I HATE U
Sol: Due to precision Considerations ...
5) A tree was given and postorder traversal is to be found out...(Easy)
6) What is the name of the Command used to partition the disk
Sol: When you run the fdisk and format commands, the Master Boot Record
(MBR) and file allocation tables are created. The MBR and file
allocation tables store the necessary disk geometry that allows hard
disk to accept, store, and retrieve data
7)A question from MS-DOS
8)A quesion is on paging(Memory management)
Formulae: Effective access time=((1-p)*m+(p*s))
where (1-p) is called hit ratio, p is called page fault ratio, 'm' is
called main memory access time, 's' is called pagefault service time.
9) The header file that is included to use manipulators is
10) Which data structure is easier to implement the trees...???
sol: Linked Lists..
11)Function used to display the character on the console is ..??
12) No of nodes in a perfect Binary tree is..??
13) No of queues needed to implement the priority queue..??
sol: Priority queue uses two queues
1) for storing the data
2) other for storing the priorities.
14)Heterogeneous Linked List is implemented using...???
sol: void pointers
15) a variable used to store the address of another variable is termed
int i = 15;
int const &j = i;
cout << i << j << endl;
i = 9;
cout << i << j << endl
17)Virtual Memory consist of main memory and ...???
sol: Swap files
18) Which class addressing system has less no of hosts...???
sol: class D(not sure)
19)Which of the following is a network layer protocol
a) TELNET b) FTP. c)smtp d)none
20)many questions on computer networks....( around 10 questions....i
left all of them)
Prepare 'top down approach' - ross and kurose for computer
networks...it would be helpful..
36) a man sells an article with a 20% discount and gain a profit of
20%...what would be the profit percentage if he sells it with 10%
sol; 35(not sure)
37)sum of the infinite terms in a gp is 230 and sum of squares is 23
...find the common ratio.
38) fourth term of an ap is 200 and first term is 5 find the tenth
39) if S+2R=220 and S=80 then R=.???
40) if 25% of x=y then 67.5% of x in terms of y is...
sol: 100/y2 (not sure)
41)A student was performing an arithmetic operation and he multiplied a
number by 3/2 instead of dividing it by 2/3 ...what was its error
a radioactive element disintegrates by 20 th part every hour and find
the probability that no matter is left out in a duration of 45 min...??
sol: since it deals with radioactive element 'n' is usually large..so
poissons distribution is to be applied...
43) If side of the square is x+2 and side of equilateral triangle is 2x
and the perimeters of both square and equilateral triangle are equal
...then find the value of x..??
44) if side of the square of increased by 5 and change in area was 165
then find the value of side of the square...??
45 -50)) similar questions were given and were easy....
51-52) a passage with inferences to be drawn...
53) saritha and kavitha are seperated by a certain distance of 100m and
walking towards each other and savitha started from her house and
walked for 30m East and turned right and walked upto 10m and then
turned left and walked upto 20m and again turned left and walked to the
road ...what is the distance between the two girls now..??
sol: i think 20m(not sure jus try..)
54 and 55) deductions
56) choose which part has error A or B or C or D
we entered(A)/into the room(B)/after the class was over(c)/No Error(D)
sol: we entered the room after the class was over
57) we discussed(A)/about the pollitics(B)/ in the class room(C)/No
sol: we discussed the pollitics in the class room.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.