1 There are two clocks. Both are set at 12 noon on friday. First one is on the normal pace and the second one is faster and gains 2 mins and 2 secs each hour. So what will be the time on monday morning 10 in the first clock? answer will 10 am since first one is in the correct pace.
2 Right now a plane is at 3000m from ground level and descending at a speed of xkm(i dont remember the number). It will be touching the ground in 10 secs. So what distance is the plane now from the ground? answer will be 3kms.
"Middle Class-Problems & Solutions"
Should remixing of old songs be done?
GD topic was "Age of Information"
..interview was of 30 -40 minutes duration.some of the questions asked to me where ..
1) what is page fault ?how it happens?2) what is the need of nomalization ?3)if you have a client who doesn't need a peoplesoft package , but can manage with excel,but ur target requires that u should sell ur peoplesoft to him also what will u do ? will u try to sell it or tell him to use excel ?(HR)
4)if u were given 6 sticks of equal size and how will u form 3 equilateral(only 3 not more not less) triangles using them ?
psychometric test was pure chatecter checkin and consistancy checking test
1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30ans:75(appro)
2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there(similer)
3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs aggrewal)
5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below.based on datawe have to answer.
6.six questions on venn diagrams.
7.5 years ago sum of ages of father and son ans:40,10
8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira ans for both is :a
9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees toright.in which direction he went ans:north west
11.96,85,....(a series with diff
11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are given on series
12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how muchhe should get in third subject.
12.a news pwper must have a.news b.advertizements 3.editor 4.date 5.paper
13.if clouds are air, air are water and so on where birds fly?
14.press,cinema,tv ans:mass media
15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of aggrewal(english)
16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter
group disscussion topic
1.if you become muncipal corporater what steps you take to develop your area.
2.if you become administrative officer of this university what steps you take to improve standards.
3.tell what are the seven problems in calcutta and solutions to problems?
4.abortion is legal or illegal the following two topics are omportant they asked the same topics to many students by changing the numbers
1. Number of Weights needed for weighing 1 to 40 kgs? > 27 9 3 1 ans : 4
> 2. Venn diagram problem venndiagram find the > formulae. > Ans. (AB+BC+CA)(A'+B'+C')
> 3. a+2b=6,ab=4 2/a + 1/b=? > ans : 3/2
> 4. age of 4 persons given in a relation find smallest age? > ans : meera
> 5. find floating point result > (float)25/2, float(25/2), 25/(float)2 ,25/2 > ans: 1 & 3
> Short listed have to appear for GD which includes > filteration. GD :
> 1. Report to the commisioner about the Corporation Probs, >
> 2. 5 things that u will consider while starting a company,
> 3. there is a ship u r given five persons and u have to send only three whom will u send and why (Doctor, Engineer, lawer etc.), > > 4. what are the qulification required to have a high > standards.
> > 5.men are from mars and women are from venus. >
> 6.what are the necessary steps should the senior > management should > take when the company has just launched and going to > produce a software > product. > at M.S. university
> 7. Should politician poses a minimum qulification.
> 8. Should India bid for organizing Olympic games. Q. A man leaves office daily at 7pm A driver with car comes from his home to pick him from office and bring back home. One day he gets free at 5:30 and instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches home 20 minutes earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually?? Ans. 1hr 20min Q The following truth table is given What is Y equal to?? Ans. (A')(B')(AB) , where ' stands for complement.
Q. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a work then find the number of days it would take to complete the work if both work together? Ans. 22-1/2days
Q. How many 1's are there in the binary form of 8*1024 + 3*64 + 3 Ans. 4
Q. In a digital circuit which was to implement (A B) + (A)XOR(B), the designer implements (A B) (A)XOR(B) What is the probability of error in it ?
Q. A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1. He can loose only 5 times. He is out of the game if he earns Rs 5. Find the number of ways in which this is possible? Ans. 16
Q. If there are 1024*1280 pixels on a screen and each pixel can have around 16 million colors. Find the memory required for this? Ans. 4MB
Q. On a particular day A and B decide that they would either speak the truth or will lie. C asks A whether he is speaking truth or lying? He answers and B listens to what he said. C then asks B what A has said B says "A says that he is a liar" What is B speaking ? (a) Truth (b) Lie (c) Truth when A lies (d) Cannot be determined Ans. (b)
Q. What is the angle between the two hands of a clock when time is 8:30 Ans. 75(approx)
Q. A student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left. How many students are there in totality ?
Q. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and then 45degrees to his right. In which direction did he go Ans. North west
Q. A student gets 70% in one subject, 80% in the other. To get an overall of 75% how much should get in third subject.
Q. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she the daughter of my grandmother's only son. What is the relation between the two Ans. Daughter
1. Men in the order type - Eswar Rao 2. Optional 3. Latter 4. Cease 5. There r 3 boys 7 4 girls; Howmany ways they r arranged such that boys should be always together ??? (Ans: 240
6. If n.....; What is the max no that divides (Ans: 8)
7. A,B,C,D has values from 0 to 9.... What is D ? (Ans: 6)
8. A wodden piece taken which is in shape of Triangle , of 10 X 24 X 26 ; Then cut at some ..... which is rearranged in rectangle format; so what is ... (Ans: 5)
9. There r 5 numbers. The average is 25; the highest value excluded then average is 25, if the lowest is excluded the avg is .. Then average of remaining is ? (Ans: 30)
10. The square is cut such that the end point of one side is shown in fig.. This is repeated two times, what is the area ?? (Ans: 3.61)
11. The route problem... what is the shortest rout to p1 to p2... (There may be circle figure......) (Ans: From p1 to 0 & form 0 to p8)
12. Two motor cycles A & B are started from one point at 4 Kmph & 6 Kmph; After 45 min B starts returning , at what time they will reach.... (Ans: 3.6 km)
13. All integer from 0 to 9, what is the smallest no perfectly devides; (Ans: c)
14. Some figure (Triangle in a rectangle)..... What is perimeter if triangle (Ans: 20)
1. An aircraft is flying at a height of 3000m from the ground at an average speed of 400 km/hr while descending.It has to travel 5 kms before it can touch down the runway and start operating its break system.It will take less than 10 seconds to reach the touch down point.How far it is from the touch down point if it had been on thye ground.a)5 kms b)4 kms c)3 kms d)none of these
2. water is continuously poured from a reservoir to a locality at the steady rate of 10,000 litres per hour.When delevery exceeds demand the excess water is stored in a tank.If the demand for 8 consecutive three-hour periods is 10000,10000,45000,25000,40000,15000,60000 and 35000 litres respectively, what will be the minimum capacity required of the water tank(in 1000 litres)to meet the demand?a)10 b)30 c)40 d)50 ans:c)40
3. Jhaveri invested in Upendra&Upendra,Celco and Winger shares at Rs. 300,Rs.200 and Rs.5 per share respectively.He bought 100 shares for Rs.1000.The number of Upendra&Upendra and Celco shares he bought are respectivelya)23.17 b)17,23 c)17,60 d)15,25ans:b)17,23
4. a certain organization has three committees.only two persons are members of all committees,but every pair of committees have three members in common. what is the least possible no of member of members on any one committee?a)4 b)5 c)6 d)none of these.ans:a)4
5. one bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil.if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into athird bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both,what fractions of the contents in the third bottle is oil? a)1/4 b)1/3 c)3/8 d)2/3ans:b)1/3
6. don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise.if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the differencer between their annual income after their raises?a)40 b)460 c)500 d)540 ans:d)540
7. if x+y+z=9 and both y and z are positive integers greater than zero,then the mzx value x can take is? a.7 b.3 c.8 d.data insufficient ans:a.7
8. if 5 tomatoes are worth 8 oranges,5 oranges are worth 4 apples, 7 apples are worth 3 pineapples and 7 pineapples cost rs.203,then the approx price of each tomato is a.16 b.5 c.19 d.none of thesesans: a.16
9. in the relation x>y+z,x+y>p and z
p b.x+y>z c.y+p>x d.insufficient data ans:b.x+y>z
10. if x,y,z are three +ve integers such that x is greater tahn y and y is greater tahn z,then which of the following is definitely true? a.x% of y is greater than y% of z b.y% of x is greater than z% of y c.z% of x is greater than y% of z d.all of these(ans)
11. amar,akbar,antony eat lunch at the same restaurant everyday.if amar orders a dosa,then akbar also orders adosa.either akbar or antony always orders a dosa,but never at the same lunch.either amar or antony or both order a dosa.if antony ordes a dosa ,then amar also orders a dosa.youy can conclude that: a.amar, akbar,antony always order adosa. b.amar and antony sometimes order a dosa,akbar never does. c.amar and akbar always order a dosa,antony never does.(ANS) d.amar and antony always order adosa,akbar never does
12.ramesh,ram,kareem and mohan collected coins of different countries.they collected 100 together.none collected less than 10.each collected an even number.each collected a different number.based on these,we can say that the number of coins collected by the boy who collected the most could not have exceeded a.54 b.64(ans) c.58 d.60
13. let p,q,r and s be four statements such that:if p is true, then q is true; if q is true,then r is true and if s is true,then at least one of q and r is false. then it follows that: a. if p is true then s is false.(ans) b. if s is falsae both q and r are true. c. if at least one of q and r is false then s is false. d. if q is true then s is true.
14.players a to z play a league match in which every player plays a match against every other player. a win earns 2 points,a draw 1 point and loss 0 points.there were no draws,and no two players had the same total points.the rank list of the players happens to be the alphabetical list itself.which of the following statement is true? a.n wins over m b.m wins over n(ans) c. m did not play against n d.none
15.an article costing rs.160 is sold at 15% discount on a mark-up price.what is the selling price after discount? a.170(ans) b.200 c.150 d.220
16. if jacob sold a watch costing rs.400 to john at 15% profit and john sold the same to sudhir at 15% profit, what is the price paid by sudhir? a.460 b.510 c.529(ans) d.560
17.in a shop 80% of the articles are sold at a profit of 10% and the remaining at a loss of 40%.what is the overall profit/loss? a.10% profit b.10% loss c.15% profit d.no profit,no loss(ans)
18. if an article with marked price of rs.400 is sold at successive discount of 10%,25% and 15%,what is the price the customer has to pay?a.360 b.300 c.230(ans) d.270
19.the sides of a triangle are in the ratio 3:5:7.if the pereimeter is 60 cms,the longest side is a.7 b.30 c.28(ans) d.14
20. an article with cost price of 180 is sold at 15% profit.what is the selling price? a.198 b.200 c.204 d.207(ans)
21. what part of x*x is power(x,2/3)?a.60% b.66.7% c.69% d.can't say(ans)
22. 15% of 75 is the same as vx% of 450.find x. a.1 b.2.5(ans) c.3 d.5
23. if the selling price of an object is rs.2300 and the profit percent is 15,what is the cost price? a.1995(ans) b.1945 c.2000 d.2645
24.70% of x is greater than 1/3rd of x by 110.what is x? a.100 b.200 c.300 d.350(ans)
25.the age of a and b are in the ratio 4:5 and of b and c in the ratio 3:2.the youngedt of three is a.a b.b c.c(ans) d.can't say
26. a man buys postage stamps of denomination of 30ps. and 50 ps. for rs.10.00. he buys 22 stamps in all. find the no of 30ps. stamps bought by him.a.5(ans) b.6 c.17 d.8
27.the ages of a and b are in the ratio 9:4. after 7 years the ratio of their aghes will be 5:3.find b's present age. a.18 b.8(ans) c.7 d.16
28. if 28 is divided into two parts such that one fourth of the greater part is equal to one third of the lesser part,then the greater part is a.16(ans) b.18 c.20 d.24
29.a man and a woman, walking together start out by boyh taking a step with the left foot.in order to keep together, the man whose stride is longer,takes two steps while the woman takes three.how many steps will the woman have taken they are both about to step out on the right foot for the first time together?
30. for communicating with its satellite, NASA has only two coides is equal to 2 and<= is equal to 3.whenever the two symbols appear together the value is taken as sum of each symbol.for example <=<=*** is equal to 3+3+2+2+2=12.which of the following is equal to <=<=<=** minus <**?a.<=* b.<=** c.<=**** d.<=<=(ans)
31. if i sell two articles, one at 20% profit for rs.100 and the other at 20% loss for rs.100, what is my net profit/loss?a.4.16 profit b.4.16 loss c.8.33 profit d.8.33 loss(ans)
32. if 85% of the population of an ant colony is red, and of these 45% are females, then what % of the total ant population are male red ants? a.46.75(ans) b.40 c.33.66 d.66.66
33. what is the cost price of an article sold at rs.199 after two successive discount of 10% and 15%? a.260(ans) b.200 c.234 d.220
34. if A and B can do a piece of work in 10 days and A alone can do it in 15 days, how long will B take to do it?a.25 b.20 c.15 d.30
35. if 12 men working 2 hours a day take 10 days to complete a job, how long will 8 men working 6 hours a day take to do the same work?a.5(ans) b.8 c.12 d.3
36.a mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 5:1. another mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 2:1.what is the ratio in which two mixtures are added to get the mixture in the ratio 5:2 a.5:2 b.2:5(ans) c.2:7 d.3:2
37.x:y=7:11, y:z=1:7.what is the least possible integral values of x given that z is 11x.a.3(ans) b.9 c.7 d.10
38. pqrs is a rectangle having area 50. rx=1/4sr.what is the area of pqxs?a.37.5 b.42.5 c.12 d.3
40.what is the area of a circle having the same perimeter as that of a square whose area is 121.ans: 154
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Get All Placement Papers & Tech Round and Aptitude Materials in Our Website
All Aptitude Test Topics with Answers-Complete Details & Free Download
All Companies Placement Papers with Answers - Free Download of Materials
Technical Round Interview
All Companies Technical Round Interview Asked Questions with Answers