Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1) In each of the following questions a number series is given with one
term missing. Choose the correct alternative that will continue the
same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
2, 7, 14, 23, ?, 47
2) 4, 6, 12, 14, 28, 30, ?
3) A man walks at 5kmph for 6hr and at 4km/h for 12hr. His average
A. 4 1/3 km/h
B. 7 2/3 km/h
C. 9 ˝ km/h
D. 8 km/h
4) A man can cover a distance in 1hr 24min by covering 2/3 of the
distance at 4 km/h and the rest at 5km/h. The total distance is
5) A man sitting in a train which is traveling at 50 kmph observes that
a goods train, traveling in opposite direction, takes 9 seconds to pass
him. If the goods train is 280 m long, find its speed.?
A. 50 kmph
B. 58 kmph
C. 62 kmph
D. 65 kmph
6) A train 220 m long is running with a speed of 59 kmph. In what time
will it pass a man who is running at 7 kmph in the direction opposite
to that in which the train is going?
A. 7 sec
B. 8 sec
C. 10 sec
D. 12 sec
7) If 5 women or 8 girls can do a work in 84 days. In how many days can
10 women and 5 girls can do the same work?
A. 32 days
B. 48 days
C. 52 days
D. 38 days
8) If 34 men completed 2/5th of a work in 8 days working 9 hours a day.
How many more man should be engaged to finish the rest of the work in 6
days working 9 hours a day?
9) If 30% of a number is 12.6, find the number?
10) What number must be added to 6, 16 and 8 to get an average of 13?
11) 10 cats caught 10 rats in 10 seconds. How many cats are required to
catch 100 rats in 100 seconds
12) A man wants to reach a window which is 40 feet above the ground.
The distance from the foot of the ladder to the wall is 9 feet. How
long should the ladder be ?
A. 9 feet
B. 81 feet
C. 41 feet
D. 49 feet
13) There are eight mango trees in a straight line. The distance
between each mango tree with other is 3 metres. What is the distance
between first tree and eighth tree?
A. 24 m
B. 27 m
C. 30 m
D. 21 m
14) A student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left. How many
students are there in total?
15) A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope
7m long.Find the area it can graze?
A. 155 sq.m
B. 19.25 sq.m
C. 144 sq.m
D. 38.5 sq.m
In each of the following questions, various terms of an alphabet series
are given with one or more terms missing as shown by (?). Choose the
missing terms out of the given alternatives.
1) AZ, GT, MN, ?, YB
2) AZ, CX, FU, ?
3) Poles : Magnet :: ? : Battery
4) Peace : Chaos :: Creation : ?
5) Find the odd one out
6) Find the odd one out
7) If FRIEND is coded as HUMJTK, how can CANDLE be written in that
8) In a certain code ADVENTURES is written as TRDESAUVEN. How is
PRODUCED written in that code ?
9) Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said, "His brother's
father is the only son of my grandfather." How is the woman related to
the man in the photograph?
10) A told B,"The girl I met yesterday was the youngest daughter of the
law of my friend
s mother." How is the girl related to A's friend?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.