Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers-Intergraph-Free Download
27. 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns according to their heights. Tallest among each row of all are asked to fall out. And the shortest among them is A. Similarly after resuming that to their original positions that the shortest among each column are asked to fall out. And the tallest among them is B. Now who is taller among A and B ? 28. There are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in color. Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue. One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says, " I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue ". Which box is the
Ans: Total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2) = 60/2 = 30 and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
29. Ram Singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburban house. His driver
Gangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the evening. Every evening Ram Singh reaches the station at 5 O' Clock. Gangaram also reaches at the same time. One day Ram Singh started early from his office and came to the station at 4 O' Clock. Not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks him up on the way and takes him back house, half an hour early. How much time did Ram Singh walk?
30. A family X went for a vacation. Unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. But whenever it rained in the mornings, they had clear afternoons and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 mornings and 12 afternoons. How many days did they stay there totally?
31. There are N coins on a table and there are two players A & B. You can take 1 or 2 coins at a time. The person who takes the last coin is the loser. A always starts first.
(a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chance
(b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance.
(c) B can always win by proper play
(d) none of the above
• 2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to
(a) 13 (b) 37 (c) 22 (d) 34 (e) 48
• 3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to
(a) 25 (b)26 (c) 32 (d) 41 (e) none
• 4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always?
32. Mr. Mathurs jewels have been stolen from his bank locker. The bank has lockers of 12 people
which are arranged in an array of 3 rows and 4 columns like:
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
• The locker belonging to JONES was to the right of BLACK'S locker and directly above
• BOOTH'S locker was directly above MILLAR'S.
• SMITH'S locker was also above GRAY's (though not directly).
• GREEN'S locker was directly below SMITH'S.
• WILSON'S locker was between that of DAVIS and BOOTH.
• MILLAR'S locker was on the bottom row directly to the right of HERD'S.
• WHITE'S locker was on the bottom right hand corner in the same column as BOOTH'S.
Which box belonged to Mr. Mathurs?
Ans: Box number 9 belongs to Mr. Mathurs.
33. Five people A ,B ,C ,D ,E are related to each other. Four of them make one true statement
(i) B is my father's brother.
(ii) E is my mother-in-law.
(iii) C is my son-in-law's brother
(iv) A is my brother's wife.
Ans: (i) D (ii) B (iii) E (iv) C
1. There is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides. This is cut down into of 1 inch cubes. What is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
2. At 6'o a clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks is 30 seconds. How long does it
3. Complete the series: 5, 20, 24, 6, 2, 8, ?
Ans: 12 (as 5*4=20, 20+4=24, 24/4=6, 6-4=2, 2*4=8, 8+4=12).
4. Find the values of each of the alphabets.
5. If a clock takes 7seconds to strike 7, how long will the same clock take to strike 10?
Ans: The clock strikes for the first time at the start and takes 7 seconds for 6 intervals- thus for one interval time taken=7/6. Therefore, for 10 seconds there are 9 intervals and time taken is 9*7/6=10 and 1/2 seconds.
6. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating?
Ans: 150 steps
7. A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lengths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a blacksmith to join into a single continuous one. How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
8. There is a safe with a 5 digit number as the key. The 4th digit is 4 greater than second digit, while 3rd digit is 3 less than 2nd digit. The 1st digit is thrice the last digit. There are 3 pairs whose sum is 11. Find the number.
9. An orange glass has orange juice and white glass has apple juice both of equal volumes. 50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice. 50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass. Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
Ans: The two quantities are equal
10. The shape in the sketch below is that of a square attached to half of a similar square. Divide it Ans: Hint : the figure can be divided into 12 equal triangles
11. Fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many minutes past three o'clock, how many minutes is
Ans: Twenty six minutes.
12. Everyday in his business a merchant had to weigh amounts from 1 kg to 121kgs, to the nearest What are the minimum number of weight required and how heavy should they be? Ans: .The minimum number is 5 and they should weigh 1,3,9,27 and 81kgs.
13. A car is traveling at a uniform speed. The driver sees a milestone showing a 2-digit number. After traveling for an hour the driver sees another milestone with the same digits in reverse order. After another hour the driver sees another milestone containing the same two digits. What is the average speed of the driver.
14. A hotel has 10 storeys. Which floor is above the floor below the floor, below the floor above the Ans: The sixth floor.
15. Albert and Fernandes have two leg swimming race. Both start from opposite ends of the pool. On the first leg, the boys pass each other at 18 m from the deep end of the pool. During the second leg they pass at 10 m from the shallow end of the pool. Both go at constant speed but one of them is faster. Each boy rests for 4 seconds at the end of the first leg. What is the length of the pool?
16. Shahrukh speaks truth only in the morning and lies in the afternoon, whereas Salman speaks truth only in the afternoon. A says that B is Shahrukh. Is it morning or afternoon and who is A -
Ans: Afternoon ; A is Salman.
17. A person with some money spends1/3 for cloths, 1/5 of the remaining for food and 1/4 of the He is left with Rs 100/- . How much did he have with him in the beginning ? Ans: Rs 250/-
18. Ram, Shyam and Gumnaam are friends. Ram is a widower and lives alone and his sister takes care of him. Shyam is a bachelor and his niece cooks his food and looks after his house. Gumnaam is married to Gita and lives in large house in the same town. Gita gives the idea that all of them could stay together in the house and share monthly expenses During their first month of living together, each person contributed Rs.25. At the end of the month, it was found that Rs 92 was the expense so the remaining amount was distributed equally among everyone. The distribution was such that everyone received a whole number of Rupees. How much did each person receive?
Ans. Rs 2 (Hint: Ram's sister, Shyam's niece and Gumnaam's wife are the same
19. There are 3 societies A, B, C. A lent cars to B and C as many as they had already. After some time B gave as many tractors to A and C as many as they have. After sometime c did the same thing. At the end of this transaction each one of them had 24. Find the cars each originally Ans: A had 39 cars, B had 21 cars & C had 12 cars
20. Sam and Mala have a conversation.
• Sam says I am certainly not over 40
• Mala says I am 38 and you are at least 5 years older than me
• Now Sam says you are at least 39
All the statements by the two are false. How old are they really?
Ans: Mala = 38 yrs, Sam = 41 yrs.
21. Each alphabet stands for one digit in the following multiplication. X X N X X What is the maximum value T can take? Ans: T max value = 4
22. Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many cows are needed to eat the grass in 96
[Hint: g - grass at the beginning r - rate at which grass
y - rate at which one cow eats grass, per day n - no of cows to eat the
g + 24*r = 70 * 24 * y g + 60*r = 30 * 60 * y
g + 96*r = n * 96 * y, Solving, n = 20. ]
23. Three criminals were arrested for shop lifting. However, when interrogated only one told the
truth in both his statements, while the other two each told one true statement and one lie. The
• ALBERT :(a) Chander passed the merchandise. (b) Bruce created the diversion.
• BRUCE :(a) Albert passed the merchandise. (b) I created the diversion.
• CLIVE :(a) I took the goods out of the shop. (b) Bruce passed them over.
Ans: Albert passed the goods. Bruce created the diversion. Clive took the goods out of
24. I bought a car with a peculiar 5 digit numbered license plate which on reversing could still be read. On reversing value is increased by 78633.Whats the original number if all digits were
Ans: Only 0 1 6 8 and 9 can be read upside down. So on rearranging these digits we get
25. There N stations on a railroad. After adding X stations on the rail route 46 additional tickets Ans. x=2 and N=11 ( Let initially, N(N-1) = t; After adding, (N+X)(N+X-1) = t+46;Trail
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here