Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers-Intergraph-Free Download
4. Sam and Mala have a conversation.
• Sam says I am certainly not over 40
• Mala says I am 38 and you are atleast 5 years older than me
• Now Sam says you are atleast 39
All the statements by the two are false.
How old are they really?
5. Ram Singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburban house.
His driver Gangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the
Every evening Ram Singh reaches the station at 5 O' Clock.
Gangaram also reaches at the same time.
One day Ram Singh started early from his office and came to the station at 4 O' Clock.
Not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks
and takes him back house, half an hour early.
How much time did Ram Singh walk?
6. In a railway station, there are two trains going.
One in the harbour line and one in the main line, each having a frequency of 10 minutes. The main line service starts at 5 o'clock and the harbour line starts at 5.02A.M. A man goes to the station every day to catch the first train that comes.
What is the probability of the man catching the first train?
7. A family X went for a vacation.
Unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there.
But whenever it rained in the mornings, they had clear afternoons and vice versa.
In all they enjoyed 11 mornings and 12 afternoons.
How many days did they stay there totally?
8. A survey was taken among 100 people to find their preference of watching T.V. programmes.
There are 3 channels. Given the no of people who watch
• at least channel 1
• at least channel 2
• at least channel 3
• no channels at all
• atleast channels 1and 3
• atleast channels 1 and 2
• atleast channels 2 and 3
Find the no of people who watched all three.
9. Albert and Fernandes have two leg swimming race.
Both start from opposite ends of the pool.
On the first leg, the boys pass each other at 18 m from the deep end of the pool.
During the second leg they pass at 10 m from the shallow end of the pool.
Both go at constant speed but one of them is faster.
Each boy rests for 4 seconds at the end of the first leg.
What is the length of the pool?
10. Each alphabet stands for one digit in the following multiplication.
What is the maximum value T can take
1.An escalator is descending at constant speed.
A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom.
B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps.
How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating?
2. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing.
The road is straight before the crossing and both are travelling in the same direction.
The cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph.
One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing.
What is the speed of the train?
3. There are five persons with surnames Mukherjee, Misra, Iyer, Patil and Sharma.
There are 4 persons having first or middle name of Kumar, 3 persons with Mohan, 2 persons
Either Mukherjee and Patil have a first or middle name of Dev or Misra and Iyer have their first or
Of Mukherkjee and Misra, either both of them have a first or middle name of Mohan or neither
middle name of Mohan.
Either Iyer or Sharma has a first or middle name of Kumar but not both.
Who has the first or middle name of Anil?
Kumar Patil Mohan
Mohan Sharma Kumar
4. Boys are allowed to watch football at C.V.Raman auditorium subjected to conditions.
• The boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
• No boy over age 15 can wear cap
• To watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap or both
• A boy with an umberella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
• Boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
What is the appearence of the boy who is watching football.
5. A bird keeper has got P pigeons, M mynas and S sparrows.
The keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds.
• Suppose p=10, m=5, s=8 when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs the x
birds have escaped. The bird keeper exclaims: "Oh no! All my sparrows are gone."
How many birds flew away?
• When the bird keeper comes back, the assistant told him that x birds have escaped. The
keeper realised that atleast 2 sparrows have escaped.
What is minimum no of birds that can escape?
6. Answer the following questions based on the conditions from the choices A, B, C, D, E as
(A) if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1
(B) if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 2
(C) if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2
(D) if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2
(E) no conclusion can be drawn using both conditions
• person 1 says N<5
• person says N>5
• person 3 says 3N>20
• person 4 says 3N>10
• person 5 says N<8
What is the value of N?
a) 1. No of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth.
2. Person 2 is telling the truth.
b) 1. no of persong telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies
2. person 5 is telling the truth.
7. There are N coins on a table and there are two players A & B.
You can take 1 or 2 coins at a time.
The person who takes the last coin is the loser.
(a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chanse
(b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance.
(c) B can always win by proper play
(d) none of the above
• 2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to
(a) 13 (b) 37 (c) 22 (d) 34 (e) 48
• 3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to
(a) 25 (b)26 (c) 32 (d) 41 (e) none
• 4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always?
8. Two twins have vertain peculiar charcteristics.
One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
The other always lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation.
• Person A-- today is Sunday my name is Anil
• Person B -- today is Tuesday, my name is Bill
9. There is a safe with a 5 digit number as the key.
The 4th digit is 4 greater than second digit, while 3rd digit is 3 less than 2nd digit.
The 1st digit is thrice the last digit.
There are 3 pairs whose sum is 11.
10. A hotel has two wings,the east wing and the west wing.
Some east wing rooms but not all have an ocean view.
All west wing rooms have a harbour view.
The charge for all rooms is identical, except as follows :
• Extra charge for all harbour view rooms on or above the 3rd floor
• Extra charge for all ocean view rooms except those without balcony
• Extra charge for some harbour rooms on the first two floor & some east wing rooms without ocean view but
having kitchen facilities.
Which of the following cannot be determined on the basis of the nformation given:
I. Whether there are any rooms without a balcony for which an extra charge is imposed.
II. Whether any room without a kitchen or a view involves an extra charge.
III. Whether two extra charges are impsed for any room.
(This question is from 1999 Barrons GRE Guide model Test 3 - section 6, question 22)
Ans: (A) 1. Three friends divided some bullets equally. After all of them shot 4 bullets the total
number of bullets remaining is equal to the bullets each had after division. Find the original number Ans: 18 ( Initially . x x x
Now x-4 x-4 x-4 ) Equation is 3x-12 = x
2. A ship went on a voyage. After it had traveled 180 miles a plane started with 10 times the
Find the distance when they meet from starting point.
Ans: 200miles. ( Distance traveled by plane = 1/10 distance traveled by ship + 180 )
3. Replace each letter by a digit. Each letter must be represented by the same digit and no
beginning letter of a word can be 0.
Ans: O =1, N = 8 ,E = 2, T = 7
4. In a railway station, there are two trains going. One in the harbor line and one in the main line, each having a frequency of 10 minutes. The main line service starts at 5 o'clock and the harbor line starts at 5.02A.M. A man goes to the station every day to catch the first train that comes. What is the probability of the man catching the first train?
5. Next number in the series is: 1 , 2 , 4 , 13 , 31 , 112 , ?
Ans: 224. (No number has digits more than 4. All of them are 1 , 2, 4, 8 , 16 , 32 , 64
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here