Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers-Intergraph-Free Download
7) A person with some money spends1/3 for cloths, 1/5 of the remaining for food and 1/4 of the
He is left with Rs 100/- .
How much did he have with him in the begining ?
8) There are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in colour.
Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue.
One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says
" I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue ".
Which box is the one he solds out ?
Ans: Total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2) = 60/2 = 30
and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
9) A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lenths containing 3 links each.
It is taken to a backsmith to join into a single continuous one .
How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
10) Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate.
It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass.
How many cows are needed to eat the grass in 96 days.?
g - grass at the beginning
r - rate at which grass grows, per day
y - rate at which one cow eats grass, per day
n - no of cows to eat the grass in 96 days
1. Replace each letter by a digit.
Each letter must be represented by the same digit and no beginning letter of a word can be 0.
Ans: 0 =1, N = 8 ,E = 2, T = 7
2. Ann, Boobie, Cathy and Dave are at their monthly business meeting.
Their occupations are author, biologist, chemist and doctor, but not necessarily in that order.
Dave just told the biologist that Cathy was on her way with doughnuts.
Ann is sitting across from the doctor and next to the chemist.
The doctor was thinking that Boobie was a goofy name for parent's to choose,but didn't say
What is each person's occupation?
Ans: Since Dave spoke to the biologist and Ann sat next to the chemist and across the doctor,
Cathy must be the author
and Ann the biologist.
The doctor didn't speak, but David did, so Bobbie is the doctor and Dave the chemist.
3. Sometime after 10:00 PM a murder took place.
A witness claimed that the clock must have stopped at the time of the shooting.
It was later found that the postion of both the hands were the same but their positions had
Tell the time of the shooting (both actual and claimed).
Ans: Time of shooting = 11:54 PM
Claimed Time = 10:59 PM
4. Next number in the series is
1 , 2 , 4 , 13 , 31 , 112 , ?
No number has digits more than 4. All of them are 1 , 2, 4, 8 , 16 , 32 , 64 converted to
5. Shahrukh speaks truth only in the morning and lies in the afternoon, whereas Salman speaks
truth only in the afternoon. A says that B is Shahrukh. Is it morning or afternoon and who is A -
Ans: Afternoon ; A is Salman.
6. Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction
destination 1 hr and 4 hours respectively after passing each other. How nuch faster is one train 7. There are 6 volumes of books on a rack kept in order ( ie vol.1, vol. 2 and so on ). Give the position after the following changes were noticed.
• All books have been changed
• Vol.5 was directly to the right of Vol.2
• Vol.4 has Vol.6 to its left and both weren't at Vol.3's place
• Vol.1 has Vol.3 on right and Vol.5 on left
• An even numbered volume is at Vol.5's place
Find the order in which the books are kept now.
8. I bought a car with a peculiar 5 digit numbered licence plate which on reversing could still be
On reversing value is increased by 78633.Whats the original number if all digits were different?
Ans: Only 0 1 6 8 and 9 can be readupside down.So on rearranging these digits we get the answer
9. The shape in the sketch below is that of a square attached to half of a similar square.Divide it
Ans: Hint : the figure can be divided into 12 equal triangles
10. Supposing a clock takes 7 seconds
1. Father's age is three years more than three times the son's age.
After three years, father's age will be ten years more than twice the son's age.
What is the father's present age.
Ans: 33 years. (2 marks)
2. Find the values of each of the alphabets.
Ans: 9326 (2 marks)
3. There are 20 poles with a constant distance between each pole
A car takes 24 second to reach the 12th pole.
How much will it take to reach the last pole.
Ans: 41.45 seconds (2 marks)
Let the distance between two poles = x
4. A car is travelling at a uniform speed.
The driver sees a milestone showing a 2-digit number.
After travelling for an hour the driver sees another milestone with the same digits in reverse
After another hour the driver sees another milestone containing the same two digits.
What is the average speed of the driver.
Ans: 45 kmph (4 marks)
5. The minute and the hour hand of a watch meet every 65 minutes.
How much does the watch lose or gain time and by how much?
Ans: Gains; 5/11 minutes (4 marks)
6. Ram, Shyam and Gumnaam are friends.
Ram is a widower and lives alone and his sister takes care of him.
Shyam is a bachelor and his neice cooks his food and looks after his house.
Gumnaam is married to Gita and lives in large house in the same town.
Gita gives the idea that all of them could stay together in the house and share monthly expenses
During their first month of living together, each person contributed Rs.25.
At the end of the month, it was found that Rs 92 was the expense so the remaining amount was
The distribution was such that everyone recieved a whole number of Rupees.
How much did each person recieve?
Ans. Rs 2 (4 marks)
(Hint: Ram's sister, Shyam's neice and Gumnaam's wife are the same person)
7. Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards.
Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colours on
The colours visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue.
They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
B: Neither Blue nor Green
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colours on the cards each person.
1. From a vessel, 1/3rd of the liquid evaporates on the first day.
On the second day 3/4th of the remaining liquid evaporates.
What fraction of the volume is present at the end of the second day.
2. An orange glass has orange juice and white glass has apple juice both of equal volumes.
50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice.
50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass.
Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange
juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
Ans: The two quantities are equal
3. There is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides.
This is cut down into of 1 inch cubes.
What is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here