Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers-Intergraph-Free Download
8. The Bulls, Pacers, Lakers and Jazz ran for a contest.
Anup, Sujit, John made the following statements regarding results.
• Anup said either Bulls or Jazz will definitely win
• Sujit said he is confident that Bulls will not win
• John said he is confident that neither Jazz nor Lakers will win
When the result cameit was found that only one of the above three had made a correct statement.
Who has made the correct statement and who has won the contest.
Ans: Sujith; Lakers (5marks )
9. Five people A ,B ,C ,D ,E are related to each other.
Four of them make one true statement each as follows.
(i) B is my father's brother.
(ii) E is my mother-in-law.
(iii)C is my son-in-law's brother
(iv)A is my brother's wife.
(iv) C (10 marks)
10. Some statements are given below:
• L says all of my other four friends have money
• M says that P said that exactly one among them has money
• N says that L said that precisely two among them have money
• O says that M said that three of the others have money
• P, L and N said that they have money
All the above statement are false..
Who has money & who doesn't have any money?
1. Mr.Mathurs jewels have been stolen from his bank locker .
The bank has lockers of 12 people which are arranged in an array of 3 rows and 4 columns like:
• The locker belonging to JONES was to the right of BLACK'S locker and directly above
• BOOTH'S locker was directly above MILLAR'S.
• SMITH'S locker was also above GRAY's (though not directly).
• GREEN'S locker was directly below SMITH'S.
• WILSON'S locker was between that of DAVIS and BOOTH.
• MILLAR'S locker was on the bottom row directly to the right of HERD'S.
• WHITE'S locker was on the bottom right hand corner in the same column as BOOTH'S.
Which box belonged to Mr.Mathurs?
Ans: Box number 9 belongs to Mr.Mathurs.
2. Fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many minutes past three o'clock,how many minutes is it
Ans: Twenty six minutes.
3. If a clock takes 7seconds to strike 7, how long will the same clock take to strike 10?
Ans: The clock strikes for the first time at the start and takes 7 seconds for 6 intervals-thus for one
Therefore, for 10 seconds there are 9 intervals and time taken is 9*7/6=10 and 1/2 seconds.
4. Three criminals were arrested for shop lifting.
However, when interrogated only one told the truth in both his statements, while the other two
statement and one lie.
The statements were:
• ALBERT :(a)Chander passed the merchandise. (b)Bruce created the diversion.
• BRUCE :(a)Albert passed the merchandise. (b)I created the diversion.
• CLIVE :(a)I took the goods out of the shop. (b)Bruce passed them over.
Ans: Albert passed the goods.Bruce created the diversion..Clive took the goods out of the shop.
5. Everyday in his business a merchant had to weigh amounts from 1 kg to 121 kgs, to the nearest
What are the minimum number of weight required and how heavy should they be?
Ans: .The minimum number is 5 and they should weigh 1,3,9,27 and 81 kgs.
6. A hotel has 10 storeys.Which floor is above the floor below the floor, below the floor above the
7. Seven members sat around a table for three days for a conference.
The member's names were Abhishek, Amol, Ankur, Anurag,Bhuwan ,Vasu and Vikram.
The meetings were chaired by Vikram.
On the first evening members sat around the table alphabetically.
On the following two nights, Vikram arranged the seatings so that he could have Abhishek as
possible and abesent minded Vasu as far away as he could.
On no evening did any person have sitting next to him a person who had previously been his
How did Vikram manage to seat everybody to the best advantage on the second and third
Second evening:Vikram,Ankur,Abhishek,Amol,Vasu,Anurag and Bhuwan.
Third evening :Vikram,Anurag,Abhishek,Vasu,Bhuwan,Ankur,Amol.
8. Two trains start from stations A and B spaced 50 kms apart at the same time and speed.
As the trains start, a bird flies from one train towards the other and on reaching the second train,
first train.This is repeated till the trains collide.
If the speed of the trains is 25 km/h and that of the bird is 100km/h.
How much did the bird travel till the collision.
9. Four prisoners escape from a prison.
The prisoners, Mr East, Mr West, Mr South, Mr North head towards different directions after
The following information of their escape was supplied:
• The escape routes were The North Road, South Road, East Road and West Road.
• None of the prisoners took the road which was their namesake.
• Mr.East did not take the South Road
• Mr.West did not the South Road.
• The West Road was not taken by Mr.East
What road did each of the prisoners take to make their escape?
Ans: Mr.East took the North Road
Mr.West took the East Road
Mr.North took the South Road
Mr.South took the West Road.
10. Complete the series:
5, 20, 24, 6, 2, 8, ?
Ans: 12 (as 5*4=20, 20+4=24, 24/4=6, 6-4=2, 2*4=8, 8+4=12).
1) A man collects cigarette stubs and makes one full cigarette with every 8 stubs.
If he gets 64 stubs how many full cigarettes can he smoke.
2) A soldier looses his way in a thick jungle. At random he walks from his camp but mathematically
in an interesting fashion. First he walks one mile East then half mile to North. Then 1/4 mile to
West, then 1/8 mile to South and so on making a loop.
Finally how far he is from his camp and in which direction.
Ans: Distance travelled in north and south directions
1/2 - 1/8 + 1/32 - 1/128 + 1/512 - and so on
Similarly in east and west directions
1- 1/4 + 1/16 - 1/64 + 1/256 - and so on
3) How can 1000000000 be written as a product of two factors neither of them containing zeros
Ans: 2 power 9 x 5 power 9
4) Conversation between two mathematcians:
First : I have three childern. The product of their ages is 36.
If you sum their ages, it is exactly same as my neighbour's door number on my left.
The second mathematician verfies the door number and says that it is not sufficient.
Then the first says " Ok one more clue is that my youngest is really the youngest". Immmediately
the second mathematician answers .
Can you answer the question asked by the first mathematician?
What are the childeren ages?
5) Light glows for every 13 seconds . How many times did it glow between 1:57:58 and 3:20:47 am.
6) 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns according to their heights.
Tallest among each row of all are asked to fall out.
And the shortest among them is A.
Similarly after resuming that to their original podsitions that the shortest among each column are
And the tallest among them is B .
Now who is taller among A and B ?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here