Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers-Infosys-Free Download
Please read all the questions in the table below (12-21) as one continuous passage. Tick the varb with right tense or the correct word to fill in the gaps in each of the sentences.
12) A famous singer had been contracted to sign at a Paris opera house & ticket sales_______________ booming.
a) is b) are c) were d) have been
13) In fact, the night of the concert, the house was packed; every ticket ________________
a) is selling b) was selling c) sold d) had been sold
14) The feeling of anticipation & excitement was in the air as the house manager__________ the stage & said, “Ladies & gentlemen, thank you for your enthusiastic support!
a) took b) takes c) had taken d) was taking
15) I am afraid that due to illness, the man whom you’ve all come to hear________________ performing tonight
a) will not be b) has not been c) had not been d) was not
16) However, we _________ a suitable substitute who, we hope, will provide you with comparable entertainment.”
a) are finding b) were finding c) had found d) have found
17) The crowd____________ in disappointment & failed to hear the announcer mention the stand-in’s name
a) groans b) groaned c) had groaned d) were groaning
18) The environment turned from excitement to frustration The stand-in performer__________ the performance everything he had.
a) will give b) had given c) gave d) gives
19) When he had finished, there was nothing but an uncomfortable silence. No one _____________
a) Applauded b) Applauds c) Was applauding d) Has applauded
20) Suddenly, from the balcony, a little boy stood up and____________, “Daddy, I think you’re wonderful!”
a)shouts b) was shouting c) had shouted d) shouted
21) The crowd_________________ into thunderous applause
a) breaks b) broke c) had broken d) was breaking
a) Driving long distances causes sleepiness, & sleepiness causes serious accidents.
Exercise 4: From each group of sentences given below, indicate the sentence that contains the error:
22) Group 1
b) On a table at the rear of the room was a notebook, a pair of scissors, & a biology textbook
c) Finally, there seems to be a growing interest in vegetarianism in this country
d) Either the local chief of police or his officers are guilty of violating the rights of prisoners
23) Group 2
a) Simple cookbooks for inexperienced cooks have become quite popular in recent years they are available at many bookstores
b) Some cookbooks, such as The Joy of cooking, have been classics for generations
c) One popular cookbook is The Art of French Cooking, by Julia Child, a colorful character who charmed television audiences for many years
d) The Art of French Cooking blends classic recipes with meticulous explanation; ordinary cooks find the recipes manageable
24) Group 3
a) Around 50% of the forest are destroyed every year
b) The bus leaves tomorrow morning
c) A tiger is a dangerous animal
d) Can you please the sugar?
25) Group 4
a) There must be some mistake. I should have scored more marks
b) The number of trainees are hundred
c) 50% of the houses need repairs
d) The Commissioner, along with his family members was seen the party
26) Group 5
a) The scissors is very sharp
b) Congratulations are in order
c) One of the cases is open
d) She plays tennis well but she’ll never be a Steffi Graf
Please mark the correct statement from the pairs given below:
27) Pair 1
a) Repeated occurrences cannot be ignored
b) Repeated occurences cannot be ignored
28) Pair 2
a) We need to get a consensus on the decision
b) We need to get a concensus on the decision
29) Pair 3
a) Only authority personnel are allowed in this area
b) Only authorized personnel are allowed in this area
30) Pair 4
a) The actress decided to sue the sleazy tabloid for deformation of her character
b) The actress decided to sue the sleazy tabloid for defamation of her character
31) Pair 5
a) Everyone knows that Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series is a mythical school
b) Everyone knows that Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series is a legendary school
32) Pair 6 a) Most people think caffeine is not good for health
b) Most people think caffiene is not good for health
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here