Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1. They were requested not to quarrel with others.Which one of the
following options is the closest in meaning to the word quarrel?
(A) make out
(B) call out
(C) dig out
(D) fall out
2. In the summer of 2012, in New Delhi, the mean temperature of Monday
to Wednesday was 41°C and of Tuesday to Thursday was 43°C. If the
temperature on Thursday was 15% higher than that of
Monday, then the temperature in °C on Thursday was
3. Complete the sentence:Dare _______________ mistakes.
(B) to commit
4. Choose the grammatically CORRECT sentence:
(A) Two and two add four.
(B) Two and two become four.
(C) Two and two are four.
(D) Two and two make four.
5. Statement: You can always give me a ring whenever you need. Which
one of the following is the best inference from the above statement?
(A) Because I have a nice caller tune.
(B) Because I have a better telephone facility.
(C) Because a friend in need is a friend indeed.
(D) Because you need not pay towards the telephone bills when you give
me a ring.
6. What is the chance that a leap year, selected at random, will
contain 53 Saturdays?
7. Statement: There were different streams of freedom movements in
colonial India carried out by the moderates, liberals, radicals,
socialists, and so on.Which one of the following is the best inference
from the above statement?
(A) The emergence of nationalism in colonial India led to our
Independence. (B) Nationalism in India emerged in the context of
(C) Nationalism in India is homogeneous.
(D) Nationalism in India is heterogeneous.
8. 25 persons are in a room. 15 of them play hockey, 17 of them play
football and10 of them play both hockey and football. Then the number
of persons playingneither hockey nor football is
9. 5 skilled workers can build a wall in 20days; 8 semi-skilled workers
can build a wallin 25 days; 10 unskilled workers can build a wall in
30days. If a team has 2 skilled,6 semi-skilled and 5 unskilled workers,
how long will it take to build the wall?
10. A box contains 4 white balls and 3 red balls. In succession, two
balls are randomly selected and removed from the box. Given that the
first removed ball is white, the probability that the second removed
ball is red is
11. 3 mangoes and 4 apples costs Rs.85. 5 apples and 6 peaches costs
122. 6 mangoes and 2 peaches costs Rs.144. What is the combined price
of 1 apple, 1 peach, and 1 mango.
12. An organisation has 3 committees, only 2 persons are members of all
3 committee but every pair of committee has 3 members in common. what
is the least possible number of members on any one committee?
13. Value of a scooter depriciates in such a way that its value at the
end of each year is 3/4th of its value at the beginning of the same
year. If the initial value of scooter is 40,000, what is the value of
the scooter at the end of 3 years.
14. At the end of 1994, R was half as old as his grandmother. The sum
of the years in which they were born is 3844. How old R was at the end
15. When numbers are written in base b, we have 12 x 25 = 333, the
value of b is?
16. The marked price of a coat was 40% less than the suggested retail
price. Eesha purchased the coat for half the marked price at the
fiftieth anniversary sale. What percentage less than the suggested
retail price did Eesha pay?
17. Ray writes a two digit number. He sees that the number exceeds 4
times the sum of its digits by 3. If the number is increased by 18, the
result is the same as the number formed by reversing the digits. Find
18. a, b, c are non negitive integers such that 28a+30b+31c = 365. a +
b + c = ?
a) Greater than 14
b) less than or equal to 11
19. George can do a piece of work in 8 hours. Paul can do the same work
in 10 hours, Hari can do the same work in 12 hours. George, paul and
hari start the same work at 9 am, while george stops at 11 am, the
remaining two complete the work. What time will the work complete?
a) 11.30 am
b) 12 noon
c) 12.30 pm
d) 1 pm
20. In how many ways a team of 11 must be selected from 5 men and 11
women such that the team must comprise of not more than 3 men?
21. Eesha bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. She paid 1 rupee more for
each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price
of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did she buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
22. Four people each roll a four die once. Find the probability that at
least two people will roll the same number ?
c. None of the given choices
23. The sum of the digits of a three digit number is 17, and the sum of
the squares of its digits is 109. If we subtract 495 from the number,
we shall get a number consisting of the same digits written in the
reverse order. Find the number.
24. Mark told John "If you give me half your money I will have Rs.75.
John said, "if you give me one third of your money, I will have Rs.75/-
How much money did John have ?
25. The value of a scooter depreciates in such a way that its value of
the end of each year is 3/4 of its value of the beginning of the same
year. If the initial value of the scooter is Rs.40,000, what is the
value at the end of 3 years ?
1. Series type 4, 9, 14.. 14, 19, 24..next series is..
2. Mumbai is sostpk.. Chennai dcfmmpk and wat is bench ..
3. meaning for the following.. funk, sphemeral, annagonist, appertain
4. GL is.... procedural language, non procedural language, or ?? from
5. opposite for the following lurid, niggardly, noble..
6. What is Audit trail (T) t-> technical questions
7. HDLC is ..... Protocol ...(T)
8. First IPL hat trick taken by..(non tech questions)
9. Algorithm will be given which sort u need to identify ... Shell
sort, selection sort, bubble sort, insertion sort ..(T)
10. X.25 protocol consists of....frame level, physical level
11 dynamic B.. forgot
12. North west direction problem have some idea on this it is enough..
13. Blue vitriol is ....(non tech)
14. Enzyme converts glucose to ethyl alcohol.. which is zymase or (+2
question in chemistry)
15. UNIX command to redirect the output file
16. Immediate addressing mode ....
17. Messages are transferred to computer networks through......
18. Huffman coding ..
19. INGRES DBMS - sql, QBE ...
20. MAX size of float is ..
21. Operator << is means .. extraction, get to, insertion
22. destructor takes .. how many arguments ..
23. C supports how many basic looping structures..
24. Page stealing means ....
25. virtual memory is implemented in ... Paging, segmentation..
26. File protection is UNIX ???
27. Goal of structured pgm is .... eliminate the Goto statement or ..
28. MACRO is used in ..
29. IEE802.4 is also known as ...
30. UML software project requirements .... use case diagrams is answer
31. Eye donation means donation of ... The whole eye or cornea or ???
32. electric conduction of semiconductor is..
33. page replacement algorithm is ..
34. MOSFET can be used in
35. 80386 is ....
36. Average sums ..
37. matrix sum easy one
38. number series sums
39. Basic knowledge about the current affairs
40. General knowledge questions .. recent ones
41. Comprehension will be given u need to answer for the questions
asked ...easy one
42. percentage sums..
43. cube root sum ..
44. ratio sums .. don't study from RS aggrawal for this type.. it will
not help u much.. jus have a idea ..
45. if the hour hand of the clock is 90' like that sum ..
46. permutaions sum .... no combinations sum came..permutation of APPLE
47. some questions like which is the odd one from some English words
will be given Like ark, some thing I forgot ..
48. volume sum .. like one big is there how many cubes will be formed
from the cube like that
49. water is flowing from one pipe which fills the tank in 20 mins..
another two pipes r inserted how many mins it will take to fill the
tank ..easy one .. just need to think
50. coding is given.. compile error, run time error like that from C
51. Compiler will ... a, find logical error, b, syntax errors like that
52. more questions on preorder, post order, in order
Some graph will be given .. will ask u about the traversal... Sure u
need to know about this type questions.. very important.. Data
53. linked list
54. LIFO ...
55. Heap ...
56. Stack follows.. lifo, fifo ...
58. some query is given .. all data's will be given u need to find the
result from the query..
59. dead lock ...
60. Addressing modes..
61. Theory of Computations questions ..
62. Some questions will be from Mahabharatam story ..
63. kidney related some questions
64. through which organ goes the food for the baby inside mothers
65. some questions related to human body ..
For the technical read the book from G.k Publishers .. all govt. exam
it will be useful ..
For the Non technical questions read from competitions mater from the
Guys it is very easy to clear the IOCL exam, if u seriously prepare for
it, I am sure that u will clear the first round it is so simple.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.