1. A, B and C, each of them working alone can complete a job in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively. If all three of them work together to complete a job and earn Rs.2340, what ill be C’s share of the earnings?
A. Rs.520 B. Rs.1080 C. Rs.1170 D. Rs.630
2. A box contains 90 mts each of 100 gms and 100 bolts each of 150 gms. If the entire box weighs 35.5 kg., then the weight of the empty box is :
A. 10 kg B. 10.5 kg C. 11 kg D. 11.5 kg
3. A rectangle is 14 cm long and 10 cm wide. If the length is reduced by x cms and its width is increased also by x cms so as to make it a square then its area changes by
A. 4 B. 144 C. 2 D. 12
4. A motorcycle stunts man belonging to a fair, rides over the vertical walls of a circular well at an average speed of 54 kph for 5 minutes. If the radius of the well is 5 meters then the distance traveled is:
A. 2.5 kms B. 3.5 kms C. 4.5 kms D. 5.5 kms
5. A 5 cm cube is cut into as many 1 cm cubes as possible. What is the ratio of the surface area of the larger cube to that of the sum of the surface areas of the smaller cubes?
A. 1 : 6 B. 1 : 5 C. 1 : 25 D. 1 : 125
6. At a certain ice cream parlor, customers can choose among five different ice cream flavors and can choose either a sugar cone or a waffle cone. Considering both ice cream flavor and cone type, how many distinct triple-scoop cones with three different ice cream flavors are available?
A. 12 B. 16 C. 20 D. 24
7. A father is three times as old as his son. After fifteen years the father will be twice as old as his son’s age at that time. Hence the father’s present age is
A. 36 B. 42 C. 45 D. 48
8. The average of 5 quantities is 6. The average of 3 of them is 8. What is the average of the remaining two numbers?
A. 6.5 B. 4 C. 3 D. 3.5
9. Which of the following is the greatest ?
A. 40% of 30 B. 3/5 of 25 C. 6.5% of 200 D. 1/2^-4
10. An empty swimming pool can be filled to capacity through an inlet pipe in 3 hours, and it can be completely drained by a drain pipe in 6 hours. If both pipes are fully open at the same time, in how many hours will the empty pool be filled to capacity?
A. 4 B. 5 C. 5.5 D. 6
11. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower 30 m high, from two points on the level ground on its opposite sides are 45 degrees and 60 degrees. What is the distance between the two points?
A. 30 B. 51.96 C. 47.32 D. 81.96
12. If the radius of a circle is increased by 20% then the area is increased by :
A. 44% B. 120% C. 144% D. 40%
13. If a sum of money grows to 144/121 times when invested for two years in a scheme where interest is compounded annually, how long will the same sum of money take to tribble if invested at the same rate of interest in a scheme where interest is computed using simple interest method?
A. 9 years B. 22 years C. 18 years D. 33 years
14. If 3/p = 6 and 3/q = 15 then p – q = ?
A. 1/3 B. 2/5 C. 3/10 D. 5/6
15. A rectangular tank 10? by 8? by 4? is filled with water. If all of the water is to be transferred to cube-shaped tanks, each one 3 inches on a side, how many of these smaller tanks are needed?
A. 9 B. 12 C. 16 D. 21
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members. Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members. Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.