Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1. A, B and C, each of them working alone can complete a job in 6, 8
and 12 days respectively. If all three of them work together to
complete a job and earn Rs.2340, what ill be C’s share of the earnings?
2. A box contains 90 mts each of 100 gms and 100 bolts each of 150 gms.
If the entire box weighs 35.5 kg., then the weight of the empty box is
A. 10 kg
B. 10.5 kg
C. 11 kg
D. 11.5 kg
3. A rectangle is 14 cm long and 10 cm wide. If the length is reduced
by x cms and its width is increased also by x cms so as to make it a
square then its area changes by
4. A motorcycle stunts man belonging to a fair, rides over the vertical
walls of a circular well at an average speed of 54 kph for 5 minutes.
If the radius of the well is 5 meters then the distance traveled is:
A. 2.5 kms
B. 3.5 kms
C. 4.5 kms
D. 5.5 kms
5. A 5 cm cube is cut into as many 1 cm cubes as possible. What is the
ratio of the surface area of the larger cube to that of the sum of the
surface areas of the smaller cubes?
A. 1 : 6
B. 1 : 5
C. 1 : 25
D. 1 : 125
6. At a certain ice cream parlor, customers can choose among five
different ice cream flavors and can choose either a sugar cone or a
waffle cone. Considering both ice cream flavor and cone type, how many
distinct triple-scoop cones with three different ice cream flavors are
7. A father is three times as old as his son. After fifteen years the
father will be twice as old as his son’s age at that time. Hence the
father’s present age is
8. The average of 5 quantities is 6. The average of 3 of them is 8.
What is the average of the remaining two numbers?
9. Which of the following is the greatest ?
A. 40% of 30
B. 3/5 of 25
C. 6.5% of 200
10. An empty swimming pool can be filled to capacity through an inlet
pipe in 3 hours, and it can be completely drained by a drain pipe in 6
hours. If both pipes are fully open at the same time, in how many hours
will the empty pool be filled to capacity?
11. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower 30 m high, from two
points on the level ground on its opposite sides are 45 degrees and 60
degrees. What is the distance between the two points?
12. If the radius of a circle is increased by 20% then the area is
increased by :
13. If a sum of money grows to 144/121 times when invested for two
years in a scheme where interest is compounded annually, how long will
the same sum of money take to tribble if invested at the same rate of
interest in a scheme where interest is computed using simple interest
A. 9 years
B. 22 years
C. 18 years
D. 33 years
14. If 3/p = 6 and 3/q = 15 then p – q = ?
15. A rectangular tank 10? by 8? by 4? is filled with water. If all of
the water is to be transferred to cube-shaped tanks, each one 3 inches
on a side, how many of these smaller tanks are needed?
16. If the area of two circles are in the ratio 169 : 196 then the
ratio of their radii is
A. 10 : 11
B. 11 : 12
C. 12 : 13
D. 13 : 14
17. A portion of $7200 is invested at a 4% annual return, while the
remainder is invested at a 5% annual return. If the annual income from
both portions is the same, what is the total income from the two
18. If a building b feet high casts a shadow f feet long, then, at the
same time of day, a tree t feet high will cast a shadow how many feet
19. If 1 cm on a map corresponds to an actual distance of 40 kms. And
the distance on the map between Bombay and Calcutta is 37.5 cms., the
actual distance between them is
A. 375 kms
B. 3750 kms
C. 1500 kms
D. 1375 kms
20. A group of workers can do a piece of work in 24 days. However as 7
of them were absent it took 30 days to complete the work. How many
people actually worked on the job to complete it?
21. What is the greatest value of a positive integer n such that 3n is
a factor of 1815 ?
22. Two identical taps fill 2/5 of a tank in 20 minutes. When one of
the taps goes dry in how many minutes will the remaining one tap fill
the rest of the tank ?
A. 5 minutes
B. 10 minutes
C. 15 minutes
D. 20 minutes
23. What will Rs.1500 amount to in three years if it is invested in 20%
p.a. compound interest, interest being compounded annually?
24. If 20 men or 24 women or 40 boys can do a job in 12 days working
for 8 hours a day, how many men working with 6 women and 2 boys take to
do a job four times as big working for 5 hours a day for 12 days?
A. 8 men
B. 12 men
C. 2 men
D. 24 men
25. If x, y, and z are consecutive negative integers, and if x > y
> z, which of the following must be a positive odd integer?
B. (x – y) (y – z)
C. x – yz
D. x(y + z)
26. Tom, Dick and Harry went for lunch to a restaurant. Tom had $100
with him, Dick had $60 and Harry had $409. They got a bill for $104 and
decided to give a tip of $16. They further decided to share the total
expenses in the ratio of the amounts of money each carried. The amount
of money which Tom paid more than what Harry paid is
27. (1/4)^3 + (3/4)^3 + 3(1/4)(3/4)(1/4 + 3/4) =?
28. Five years ago, Beth’s age was three times that of Amy. Ten years
ago, Beth’s age was one half that of Chelsea. If C represents Chelsea’s
current age, which of the following represents Amy’s current age?
A. c/6 + 5
29. At 10 a.m. two trains started traveling toward each other from
stations 287 miles apart. They passed each other at 1:30 p.m. the same
day. If the average speed of the faster train exceeded the average
speed of the slower train by 6 miles per hour, which of the following
represents the speed of the faster train, in miles per hour?
30. If the value of XYZ Company stock drops from $25 per share to $21
per share, what is the percent of the decrease?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.