Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1. The time taken by boat to row upstream 2km and downstream 6km is
same. Calculate the speed of boat in still water.
2. A, B, C can finish a piece of work in 12 days. A alone can finish
the same work in 20 days. B alone can finish the same work in 18 days.
In how days C alone can complete the same work.( numbers are not
accurate but question is of this type).
3. The fungus in a vessel doubles for every 5minutes.at 3.00 P.M the
fungus in the vessel is 120. at what time the fungus rate is 960.
Ans 3.15 P.M
4. The size of the room is 120x80 and the size of each tile is 2.4x1.8.
Find minimum number of tiles required to cover the floor (number are
5. A triangle inscribed in a circle is given and asked to find out the
angle. (A bit tough question among all the questions)
6. AB and CD are two chords of a circle. AB=2*CD. The perpendicular
distance ofchords AB and CD from the center of the circle are a, b
respectively. Express AB in terms of a, b.
7. A pipe can fill tank in 3 hrs. A hole a bottom of tank can empty the
tank in 6 hrs. After ˝ hr the hole at the bottom of tank is opened.
Find the time taken to fill the tank completely. (Numbers are not
accurate. Problem of this model is given)
8. Problem on figures is given. Some sequence of figures (around 5) are
given and asked to find the next figure that comes in sequence.
1. In dc motor the motion of conductor is given by
s right hand rule
s left hand rule
c) Cork screw rule
2. The resistance of conductor is R. If the conductor length gets
doubled and cross section is reduced by half a times then the
resistance of conductor is
a).R remains same
b) R gets reduced by 2
c) R increases by 2
d) R increases by 4
3. Two plates of cross section 2mm2 are separated by a distance of 1cm.
the capacitance between these plates is
( I don
t remember exact figures, question of this to compute the value of
capacitance C =
4. No of poles, speed of the alternator, etc are given and asked to
find the voltage induced in the rotor ckt of the alternator.
5. In parallel circuit under resonance
a) current is maximum
b) impedance is minimum
c) voltage magnification takes place
d) current magnification takes place
6. 3 resistances of R/2 are connected in star , the magnitude of
resistances when connected in delta is
7. Problem on dual networks
Sorry I could not recall remaining questions. For aptitude R.S.Agarwal
R.S.Agarwal verbal and non verbal reasoning are more than enough. For
prepare basic concepts in networks and machines.
This is the basic elimination round. My interview lasted for about 45
to 50min.Before attending the interview just have a very good brush up
in all the electrical subjects especially power systems protection,
machines, power system operation and control, power electronics and
drives.Answer all questions with great confidence . Be cool. GE people
are very friendly. Dont give up any question quite easily Try till last
they will help you at most of times. Try to answer all the questions.
Once you get through this round they will ask you to stay back for next
This is very very cool round among all the rounds.95% its not
elimination round. Here they test your communication skills and your
problem handling capability. For me it was just 30-40min.For one of my
friend it lasted for about 1and ˝ hr.
Here they asked me quite general questions like
1. Tell me about urself.
2. Hobbies and interests.
3. Areas of interest.
4. Tell me about GE.
5. Ur dream company other than GE.
6. How many days you will be in GE
7. Some more questions of this type were asked.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.