Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
Some of the questions observed are:
• Some pencils were bought at 6 for Rs. 5 and sold at 5 for Rs. 6. What
will be the percentage gained?
• Find the odd man out:
• With the word TOMORROW, how many different words can you form such
that the vowels in the words should not come together?
• From the below mentioned sentence choose which part of the sentence
should be corrected to form a grammatically correct sentence:
1. Many companies have a brief mission statement (1) usually in 30
words or fewer (2) explaining their reason for being (3)their guiding
a. Usually in 30 words or fewer
b. Their guiding principles
c. Explaining their reason for being
d. No error
• Fill in the blank to complete the following statement.
Any venture cannot succeed without ____________ marketing.
• Choose the correct synonym for the underlined part in the below
We are selling more than just merchandise.
• Rearrange the options in between S1 and S6 to form a coherent
paragraph which is grammatically correct.
S1. Ted Brinkman and Jim Spencer worked together as managers of a group
of large regional retail operations before starting the retail Store.
1) Both bring extensive retail marketing and finance knowledge to the
2) Over the past 10 years, under their direction, the organization
became the largest and most well-known in their area
3) And it was at that point that Jim and Ted decided to branch out on
4) The owners of the company were looking to sell the company to a
S6. They have the knowledge, experience and contacts to make the
company a success.
• In code language, 786 means ‘study very hard’, 958 means ‘ hard work
pays’ and 645 means ‘ study and work’ . Choose amongst the following
options, which number will represent as a code for ‘very’?
1. The pressure p in terms of its mean kinetic energy/unit volume E is
a .E/3 b.E/2 c.3E/4 d.2E/3 e.5E/4
2. Convert volumetric to gravitational, relative volume of each
constituent of flue gas
a. %mw b. xmv c. me d. xsw e. %sw
3. Which is correct for reversible polytrophic process?
a. temperature constant b. density constant c. volume constant
d. entropy constant e. same heat transfer
4. if a gas or vapour allowed to expand through a minute hole
a. free expansion b. hyperbolic c. adiabatic expansion d. parabolic e.
5. Minimum work of compressor is possible, when the adiabatic index is
a.0.75 b.1 c.1.27 d.1.35 e.2
6. Under ideal condition, isothermal, isochoric, adiabatic and isobaric
a. static b. dynamic c. quan-static d. stable e. thermodynamic
7. If a heat engine attains 100% efficiency, then it is
a. zeroth law b. I law c. II law d. no e. all
8. If Q1 is the heat in source, Q2 is the cold sink for heat pump then
a. Q1 / (Q1- Q2) b. Q2 / (Q1- Q2) c. (Q1- Q2) / Q1
9. The output of diesel engine is increased if
a. more fuel b. flywheel size c. incoming air d. scavenging e.
10. Accumulation of carbon in the cylinder increases when
a. decrease in volume b. volumetric efficiency c. ignition time
d. effective compression ratio e. travel time
11. The most popular firing sequence
a.1234 b.1324 c.1423 d.1243 e.1342
12. for same power, same speed, flywheel of petrol and diesel engine
a. smaller b. greater c. equal d. none
13. If petrol is used in diesel engine, then
a. higher knocking b. black smoke c. lot of fuel d. improper combustion
14. Ans .d) mechanical efficiency
15. Reciprocating compressor is used for
a. large quantity of air at high pressure b. large quantity of air at
c. low quantity of air at low pressure d. low quantity of air at high
16. Thermal diffusity
a. Dimensionless d. used in radiation process
17. Critical pressure
18. Cryogenics Ans - Option with engineering
19. Lean relation for
a. specific gravity b. dynamic viscosity
20. Centre of pressure = centre of gravity when
21. Flow of particles in definite path without change in the path of
a. one dimensional b. c. turbulent d. steady state
22. Pressure coefficient is given by
23. Vortex on whirlpool is due to
a. cavitation b. wake c. drag
24. Rotometer is used
25. Axial flow pump is used
26. To avoid caviation
27. Fan laws
28. Rupture (what it is)
29. A belt drive, where pulley dia is double, and then it key length
a. doubled b. same c. increase the critical length d.
30. Surface contact in motion is called
a. roll pair b. surface pair c. lower pair d. slide
31. For fluctuating load----------- is used
a. ball bearing b. roll bearing c. thrust bearing d. sleeve bearing
32. Transmit power
33. D1 and D2 are pulley dia, and then the speed is given by
34. To keep the noise to minimum
35. In pinion and gear design, the design must be made by
a. gear b. pinion c. both
36. The plate is severely deformed at a side then it grains becomes
a. ductile b. malleable c.
37. What is recrystallation temperature?
38. What is austempering?
39. Acetylene is staid on --------- form
a. liquid b. solid c. compressed
40. tool life is concentrated on
a. cutting speed b. material c. feed or depth
41. Reamer is used for
a. b. to correct the size and finish
42. Statistical quality control charts uses
a. statistics b. probability c. all the above.
compressor performance curve
laser machining a) hard matl b) soft matl )
shock absorber purpose
sp. Heat ratio
cetane number why
cantilever, simple supported beam (SFD,BMD)
multistage pr. Problems
rain water spherical why
rankine cycle howmany process
vapour comp ref high head pr same even if comp is switched off why
adiabatic saturation a)dbt same b)wbt same
3 phase induction motor direction to be reversed how
ratio of (not clear) temp in a gas comp adiabatic to isthermal a)>1
know about isothermal, polytropic, adiabatic
structure in engg. Mech
circle eqn 1d,2d,3d (dimensions)
ax2+bx+c=0 produt of roots
slip gages in used only for less time and then kept separately
fuel economy factor
pr. Gage (manometers)
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.