16. A computer printer produces 176400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for 7 hours during the day how many lines did it print per minute? a. 400 b. 420 c. 600 d. 375 17. In a certain company 20% of the men and 40 % of the women attended the annual company picnic. If 35% of all the employees are men. What % of all the employee went to the picnic?
a. 25% b. 30% c. 33% d. 40%
An editor must choose five articles to be published in the upcoming issue of an arts review. The only articles available for publication are theater articles F, G, H and J and dance articles K, L, M and O. At least three out of five published articles must be dance article. If J is chosen, then M cannot be. If F is chosen, then J must also be chosen.
18. If M is not chosen for the issue, which of the following must be chosen?
a. F b. G c. H d. J e. K
19. How many acceptable groupings of articles include J?
a. one b. two c. three d. four e. five
20. The choice of which article makes only one group of articles acceptable?
a. F b. G c. J d. L e. M
20. If G is chosen for the issue, which of the following must be true?
a. J is not chosen
b. Exactly three dance articles are chosen
c. H is not chosen
d. All four of the dance articles are chosen e. F is not chosen
For a motorist there are three ways of going from City A to City C. By way of a bridge the distance is 20 miles and the toll is $0.75. A tunnel between the two cities is a distance of 10 miles and the toll is $1.00 for the vehicle and driver plus $0.10 for each passenger. A two-lane high-way without tolls goes east for 30 miles to City B and then 20 miles in a northwest direction to City C.
21. Which of the following is the shortest route from B to C?
a. Directly on the toll-free highway to City C
b. The bridge
c. The tunnel
d. The tunnel or the bridge
e. The bridge only if traffic is heavy on the toll-free highway
22. The most economical way of going from City A to City B, in terms of tolls and distance, is to use the
a. tunnel b. bridge c. bridge or tunnel
d. toll-free highway e. bridge and highway
23. Jim usually drives alone from City C to City A every working day. His firm deducts a percentage of employee pay for lateness . Which factor would most probably influence his choice of the bridge or the tunnel?
a. Whether his wife goes with him
b. Scenic interest of each route
c. Traffic conditions on the road, bridge, and tunnel
d. Saving of $0.25 in tolls
e. Price of gasoline consumed in converting the 10 additional miles on the bridge
24. In choosing between the use of the bridge and the tunnel, the chief factor(s) would be
I. traffic and road conditions
II. number of passengers in the car
III. location of one's home in the center or outskirts of one of the cities
IV. desire to save $0.25
a. I only
b. II only
c. II and III only
d. III and IV only
e. I and II only
25. A policeman and a thief spot each other when they are 400m apart and both start running in the same direction. If the thief runs at a speed of 10km/hr and the policeman runs at a speed of 15 km/hr. Find how much time the policemen has to run in order to nab the thief.
a. 200s b. 220s c.288s d. 300s e. 312s
26. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee, putting in 2 parts of a 33p.a gm. Grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm. If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. To 2 parts of the less expensive grade, how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
a. 90 b. Rs 1.00 c. Rs. 3.00 d. Rs. 8.00
27. In a group of 15, 7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either. How many of these studied both Latin and Greek?
a. 0 b.3 c.4 d.5
Following questions are based on letter's analogy. First pair of letters should have the same relationship as the second pair of letters or vice versa.
28. ?: BGLQ:: YDIN: VAFK
a. EKNS b. DKMT c. DLMS d. EJOT
29. NLO: RPS:: ? : ZXA
a. VUW b. VTR c. VTW d. TRP
30. If "football" is "cricket", "cricket" is "basketball" , "basketball" is "volleyball", "volleyball" is "khokho" and "khokho" is cricket, which is not a ball game?
a. cricket b. football c. khokho d. basketball
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members. Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members. Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.