Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers-Canarys -Free Download
(1) A man's speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the
current is 2.5 km/hr. The man's speed against the current is:
A. 8.5 km/hr
B. 10 km/hr.
C. 12.5 km/hr
D. 9 km/hr
(2) X and Y invest Rs.21000 and Rs.17500 respectively in a business. At
the end of the year, they make a profit of Rs.26400. What is the share
of X in the profit?
(3) How many litres of 6% acid solution must be mixed with 120 gallons
of 20% acid solution to obtain an acid solution that is 16%?
1. 24 litres
2. 36 litres
3. 48 litres
4. 54 litres
(4) Rs. 2250 is divided among three boys named Rama, Krishna and Kalki
in such a way that 1/6th of Rama
s share, 1/4th of Krishna
s share and 2/5th of Kalki
s share are equal. Find Rama
1. Rs. 1080
2. Rs. 720
3. Rs. 3600
4. Rs. 2400
(5) Four numbers are in the ratio 2:3:4:5 add up to give a sum of 1344.
Find the biggest number.
(6) Four numbers are in the ratio 6:7:8:9 add up to give a sum of 1890.
Find the smallest number.
(7) xa=yb=zc and y2=xz. Find b.
(9) 5a=15625. Find 5a-3
(10) 2x-y=8, 2x+y=32. Find x.
(11) The sale recorded by a dealer in a week from Monday to Saturday
are as follows:Rs. 210000 per day for the first three days,Rs. 81000 on
Thursday,Rs. 45000on Friday,Rs. 156000 on Saturday Find his average
sales per day during that week.
(12) Highest common factor of 36 and 84.
(13) In a two-digit, if it is known that its unit's digit exceeds its
ten's digit by 2 and that the product of the given number and the sum
of its digits is equal to 144, then the number is:
(14) How much time will it take for an amount of Rs. 900 to yield Rs.
81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
A. 2 years
B. 3 years
C. 1 year
D. 4 years
(15) A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years
and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is :
A. Rs. 700
B. Rs. 690
C. Rs. 650
D. Rs. 698
1. a and b are the lengths of the base and height of a right angled
triangle whose hypotenuse is h. If the values of a and b are positive
integers, which of the following cannot be a value of the square of the
2. Rs.432 is divided amongst three workers A, B and C such that 8 times
A’s share is equal to 12 times B’s share which is equal to 6 times C’s
share. How much did A get ?
3. The monthly incomes of A and B are in the ratio 4 : 5, their
expenses are in the ratio 5 : 6. If ‘A’ saves Rs.25 per month and ‘B’
saves Rs.50 per month, what are their respective incomes ?
A.Rs.400 and Rs.500
B.Rs.240 and Rs.300
C.Rs.320 and Rs.400
D.Rs.440 and Rs.550
4. The proportion of milk and water in 3 samples is 2:1, 3:2 and 5:3. A
mixture comprising of equal quantities of all 3 samples is made. The
proportion of milk and water in the mixture is
5. A fort has provisions for 60 days. If after 15 days 500 men
strengthen them and the food lasts 40 days longer, how many men are
there in the fort ?
D.None of these
6. The ratio of marks obtained by vinod and Basu is 6:5. If the
combined average of their percentage is 68.75 and their sum of the
marks is 275,
find the total marks for which exam was conducted ?
D.None of these.
7. A, B and C enter into a partnership by investing Rs.3600, Rs.4400
and Rs.2800. A is a working partner and gets a fourth of the profit for
his services and the remaining profit is divided amongst the three in
the rate of their investments. What is the amount of profit that B gets
if A gets a total of Rs. 8000?
8. The present ages of A and B are as 6 : 4. Five years ago their ages
were in the ratio 5 : 3. Find their present ages ?
9. A zookeeper counted the heads of the animals in a zoo and found it
to be 80. When he counted the legs of the animals he found it to be
If the zoo had either pigeons or horses, how many horses were there in
the zoo ?
10. From a cask of milk containing 30 litres, 6 litres are drawn out
and the cask is filled up with water. If the same process is repeated a
second, then a third time, what will be the number of litres of milk
left in the cask ?
11. A father left a will of Rs.35 lakhs between his two daughters aged
8.5 and 16 such that they may get equal amounts when each of them reach
the age of 21 years. The original amount of Rs.35 lakhs has been
instructed to be invested at 10% p.a. simple interest. How much did the
elder daughter get at the time of the will?
A.Rs. 17.5 lakhs
B.Rs. 21 lakhs
C.Rs. 15 lakhs
D.Rs. 20 lakhs
12. The population of a town was 3600 three years back. It is 4800
right now. What will be the population three years down the line, if
the rate of growth of population has been constant over the years and
has been compounding annually?
13. Find the area of the sector covered by the hour hand after it has
moved through 3 hours and the length of the hour hand is 7cm ?
14. If r = (3p + q)/2 and s = p – q, for which of the following values
of p would r^2 = s^2 ?
B.10 – 3q/2
C.q – 1
15. The average wages of a worker during a fort night comprising 15
consecutive working days was Rs.90 per day. During the first 7 days,
his average wages was Rs.87 per day and the average wages during the
last 7 days was Rs.92 per day. What was his wage on the 8th day?
16. If a sum of money grows to 144/121 times when invested for two
years in a scheme where interest is compounded annually, how long will
the same sum of money take to tribble if invested at the same rate of
interest in a scheme where interest is computed using simple interest
17. A stairway 10ft high is such that each step accounts for half a
foot upward and one-foot forward. What distance will an ant travel if
it starts from ground level to reach the top of the stairway?
18. A 4 cm cube is cut into 1 cm cubes. What is the percentage increase
in the surface area after such cutting?
19. The circumference of the front wheel of a cart is 30 ft long and
that of the back wheel is 36 ft long. What is the distance travelled by
the cart, when the front wheel has done five more revolutions than the
rear wheel ?
20. The area of a square field is 24200 sq m. How long will a lady take
to cross the field diagonally at the rate of 6.6 km/hr ?
D.2 minutes 40 seconds
21. A can give B 20 points, A can give C 32 points and B can give C 15
points. How many points make the game ?
22. Two numbers when divided by a certain divisor leave remainders of
431 and 379 respectively. When the sum of these two numbers is divided
by the same divisor, the remainder is 211. What is the divisor?
D.Cannot be determined
23. A person starts multiplying consecutive positive integers from 20.
How many numbers should he multiply before the will have result that
will end with 3 zeroes ?
24. Anita had to do a multiplication. Instead of taking 35 as one of
the multipliers, she took 53. As a result, the product went up by 540.
What is the new product ?
25. Let n be the number of different 5 digit numbers, divisible by 4
with the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, no digit being repeated in the
numbers. What is the value of n?
D.None of these
26. A trader makes a profit equal to the selling price of 75 articles
when he sold 100 of the articles. What % profit did he make in the
27. A piece of equipment cost a certain factory Rs. 600,000. If it
depreciates in value, 15% the first year, 13.5% the next year, 12% the
third year, and so on, what will be its value at the end of 10 years,
all percentages applying to the original cost ?
28. There are 2 brothers among a group of 20 persons. In how many ways
can the group be arranged around a circle so that there is exactly one
person between the two brothers ?
A.2 * 19!
B.18! * 18
C.19! * 18
D.2 * 18!
29. The speed of a motor boat itself is 20 km/h and the rate of flow of
the river is 4 km/h. Moving with the stream the boat went 120 km. What
distance will the boat cover during the same time going against the
30. A red light flashes 3 times per minute and a green light flashes 5
times in two minutes at regular intervals. If both lights start
flashing at the same time, how many times do they flash together in
each hour ?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.