Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers- -Free Download
1. If a printer can print 2 pages of text per second, then at this
rate, approximately how many minutes will take to print 5000 pages of
a. 4 b. 25 c. 42 d. 250
2. Last year vivek saved 10% of his annual earnings, this year he
earned 5% more than last year and he saved 12% of his annual earnings.
The amount saved this year was what percentage of the amount saved last
a. 124% b.126% c.128% d.122%
Q(3-4) In a class consisting of 75 students 25 didn
t know typing,45 knew short hand and 10 knew neither typing nor short
3. How many students knew both typing and short hand?
a. 20 b. 25 c. 30 d. cannot be determined
4. How many students knew only typing?
a. 20 b. 25 c. 30 d. 35
5. What is the value of 15²-14²+13²-12². . . . -2²+1²?
a. 225 b.265 c.120 d.125
6. Tanks A&B are each in the shape of right circular cylinder,the
interior of tank A has a height of 10mts and circumference of 8mts and
the interior of tank B has a height of 8mts and circumference of 10mts.
Tha capacity of tank A is what % capacity of tank B.
a. 80% b.75% c.100% d.120%
7. In a survey, 20% of a town has car, and 10% has a bike. 1/3rd of the
car owners also own a bike. What proportion of the town doesn
t own either a car or a bike?
a. 23/30 b. 11/15 c. 7/10 d. 1/6
8. In how many arrangements can a teacher seat 3 girls and 3 boys in a
row of 6
Seats, if the boys are to have 1, 3, 5 seats?
a. 9 b. 12 c. 36 d. 720
9. There are 11 women and 9 men in certain club. If the club is to
select a Committee of 2 women and 2 men, how many different such
committees are possible.
a.120 b. 720 c. 1060 d. 1980
10. A grocer has 400 pounds of coffee in stock, 20% of which is
decaffeinated. If the grocer buys another 100 pounds of coffee of which
60% is decaffeinated. What percent by weight, of the grocer stock of
coffee is decaffeinated?
a. 30% b. 28% c. 32% d. 34%
11. Mr.Verma has two children and at least one of them is a girl. What
is the probability that the both children are girls?
a. ¼ b. ½ c. 300/11 d. Cannot be determined
12. 4.8(10^9)/ 1.6(10³)
a. 30(10^6) b. 30^5 c. 30(10^5) d. [3(10)]^6
13. If I have to measure all weights from 1kg to 121kg , what is the
minimum number of weights I should keep?
a. 1 b. 5 c. 13 d. 21
14. If f(x)=minimum (3x+5,10-2x), what is the maximum possible value of
a. 1 b. 3 c. 6 d. 8
15. Mara runs faster than gail, lily runs faster than mara, gail runs
faster than lily. If the two statements are true the third statement is
a. false b. uncertain c. none d. true
16. A mountain goat attempts to scale a cliff 60 ft high every minute
the goat bounds upward three feet but slips back two, how long does it
take for the goat to reach the top?
a. 1hr b. 48 mins c. 30min d. 58min
17. In the triangle ABC right angled at B, AB = 4cm. BC = 3 cm and
DE=EF. If BE is extended to meet AC at G, then find the length of AG.
a. 15/7 b. 20/7 c. 35/14 d. 5/2
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the following:
If x and y are positive integers, then A(x,y) is defined as follows
A(0,y) = y+1
A(x,0) = x
A(x,y) = A(x-1,A(0,y-1))
A(0,0) = 1
18. The value of A(1,3) is
a. 1 b. 2 c.3 d. 4
19. The value of A(3,0) is
a2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
20. The value of A(2,0) is
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
What is RARP?
What is primary Key?
What is modem?
What are triggers and then types?
What is a process?
What is semaphore?
What are the types of scheduling?
What is DNS?
What is the difference between DBMS and Oracle?
What is deadlock?
What is the difference between interfaces and abstraction?
What is super key?
What are abstract data types?
What is LAN?
What is inheritance?
What is the difference between C and C++?
What are access specifiers?
What is library functions?
What is the difference between DML and DLL?
What is the difference between primary key and unique key?
What is the use of Cursor?
What is a stack?
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.