Blue Dart Placement Papers- Free Download
1. The minimum number of bits required to store the hexadecimal number
2. A 32-bit processor has
B.32 I/O devices
C.32 Mb of RAM
D.a 32-bit bus or 32-bit registers
3. A one-bit signal that indicates the start of data transmission by an
asynchronous device is
4. Information is stored and transmitted inside a computer in
B.ASCII code form
5. A parity bit is
A.used to indicate uppercase letters
B.used to detect errors
C.is the first bit in a byte
D.is the last bit in a byte
6. Conversion of binary number 1010101000010111 to hexadecimal number
7. Which is an electronic device that can store temporarily a single
bit of data.
8. Piggy backing is a technique for
9. Which network is a packet switching network?
10. Which of the following registers is used to keep track of address
of the memory location where the next instruction is located?
A.Memory address register
B.Memory data register
11. Choose the correct preposition. The officer charged Mr Smith _____
12. I’m concerned _____ your grades.
13. We insured our house _____ storm damage.
14. Tom congratulated Lisa _____ getting her diploma
15. Congress earmarked $6 million _____ safety improvements.
16. Johnson was convicted _____ armed robbery.
17. Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
The general recognition of this fact is shown in the proverbial
phrase,’ It is the busiest man who has time to spare’. Thus, an elderly
lady at leisure can spend the entire day writing a postcard to her
niece. An hour will be spent in writing a postcard , another hunting
for spectacles, half an hour to search for the address , an hour and a
quarter in composition and twenty minutes in deciding whether or not to
take an umbrella when going to the pillar box in the street. The total
effort that could occupy a busy man for three minutes, all told may in
fashion leave another person completely exhausted after a day of doubt
,anxiety and toil. What happens when the time to be spent on some work
A.the work is done smoothly.
B.the work is done leisurely.
C.work consumes all the time.
D.The work needs additional time.
18. What is the total time spent by the elderly lady in writing a
B.four hours and five minutes
D.the entire day.
19. Who is the person likely to take more time to do work.:
A.a busy man.
B.a man of leisure.
C.an elderly person.
D.an exhausted person.
20. Explain the sentence : work expands so as to fill the time
available for its completion’.
A.The more work there is to be done , the more time needed.
B.whatever time is available for a given amount of work, all of it will
C.If you have more time you can do some work.
D.If you have some important work to do , you should always have some
21. Clock speed is measured in
A.bits per second
22. Which of the following is the 1’s complement of 10?
23. On-chip cache has
A.lower access time than RAM
B.larger capacity than off chip cache
C.its own data bus
24. A computer Program that translates one program instruction at a
time into machine language is called a/an
25. How many address lines are needed to address each machine location
in a 2048 x 4 memory chip?
26. Which of the following involves context switch,
C.floating poitnt exception
D.all the above
27. Semaphore is used for
28. A technique used by codes to convert an analog signal into a
digital bit stream is known as
A.Pulse code modulation
29. A storage area used to store data to a compensate for the
difference in speed at which the different units can handle data is
30. The minimum number of MOS transistors required to make a dynamic
RAM cell is
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.