Divorce - Wife should get 50% of husband's residential property?
- Itís a great move towards gender equality.
- It gives a clearly defined share in the husbandís property. The bill passed works for the welfare of the divorced women and their children.
- Women can now rely on themselves after the divorce as they would get the required funds that would help them raise themselves as well as their children.
- Our society is a male dominated one, so passing this bill would mean equal weightage to the women in a matrimonial life.
- The law does not seem to be fair for marriages that shatter in a matter of months.
- These amendments should be enforced only after a broad and widespread debate concerning both the genders.
- This would lead to many divorces as passing this law would mean security in terms of money for the women getting a divorce. Thus, encouraging more women to file divorce.
- It is very naÔve on the part of our government to think that wives are the one that are the victims in a divorce.
- This law will also make men more conscious and hesitant on buying properties after marriage. Thus, affecting the economy in return.
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members. Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members. Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.