1. Answer any three of the following (in not more than 200 words each) : 20x3=60
(a) Differentiate between conjugation and transduction in Bacteria.
(b) Give an account of algae in food industry.
(c) Write in short about mycotoxins.
(d) Write about Bryophytes as indicators of mineral enrichment.
2. Write about the following: 20x3=60
(a) Range of thallus organization in Marchantiales.
(b) Evolution of seed habit in Pteridophytes.
(c) Characteristic features of Pythium.
3. Answer the following: 20x3=60
(a) Write a critical note on male gametophyte of Selaginella.
(b) Write a critical note on somatic hybrid and cybrid.
(c) Draw well labeled diagram of V.T.s. thallus of Anthoceros passing through
Androecia (no description).
4. Write Notes on : 20x3=60
(a) Monoecious coenobium of Volvox.
(b) Description of, conidia formation in Aspergillus.
(c) Protoplast culture.
5. Answer any three of the following (in not more than 200 words each): 20 x 3 = 60
(a) Give the salient features of Cycadales.
(b) Explain secondary growth in dicotyledonous stem.
(c) Explain pollination in Cycas.
(d) Give a short account of any two plant fibres.
6. How will you distinguish between the following pairs of families on the basis of
important floral characters?
(a) Malvaceae and Brassicaceae 30
(b) Leguminosae and Solanaceae 30
7. Give an account of the pollen grain formation in dicots and monocots. 60
8. Write in short on the following: 20x3=60
(a) Give in short an account of five pulse yielding crops.
(b) Differentiate between manoxylic and pycnoxylic wood, giving examples.
(c) Give the classification of angiosperms as proposed by Hutchinson. Discuss its
merits and demerits.