STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION EXAM SYLLABUS FOR Central Police Examinations.
Paper I: General Studies:
• General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization problem solving analysis judgment, decision making visual memory discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning verbal and figure classification arithmetical number series non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates' ability to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
• General Awareness: Questions will be aimed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, economic scene, General polity and scientific research.
• Numerical Ability: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and relationship between numbers, decimals and fractions, and relationships between numbers, It will test sense of order of magnitude, estimation or prediction for the solution to real life problems and knowledge of alternative computation procedure to find answers.
Paper- II GENERAL ENGLISH:
The candidates will be mainly tested in the following areas:-
1) Simple and plain use of English Language and clarity of expression.
2) Effective Communication skill in English with due economy of words.
Questions will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and working knowledge of English language, their comprehension and their ability at communication skill. There will also be questions on précis writing, letter writing, paragraph or report writing etc.
PERSONALITY TEST/INTERVIEW: 100 Marks
The interview/personality test is structured in such a manner that the candidates’ interests, knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc. are probed among other things, through academic qualifications, experience, extra-curricular activities, general awareness/knowledge, depth of knowledge of the subjects studied (10+2 onwards), communicative skills and over-all personality etc.
Central Police Organisations, covered in this Examination, are:
A. Border Security Force (BSF);
B. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF);
C. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF);
D. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP);
E. Special Services Bureau(SSB).