IIT-Kanpur Admission Procedures
IIT Kanpur was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959. The institute was started in December 1959 in a room in the Canteen Building of the Harcourt Butler Technological Institute at Agricultural Gardens in Kanpur. In 1963, the Institute moved to its present location, on the historic Grand Trunk Road near the village of Kalyanpur in Kanpur district. During the first ten years of its existence, IIT Kanpur benefited from the Kanpur Indo-American Programme, where a consortium of 9 US universities namely M.I.T, University of California, Berkeley, California Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Carnegie Institute of Technology, University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Case Institute Of Technology and Purdue University helped set up the research laboratories and academic programmes.
IIT-Kanpur Offering Many Courses and all details are given below
Biological Science & Bio Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
Industrial and Management Engineering
Mathematics & Statistics
Enviornmental Engineering & Management
Master of Design
Materials Science Programme
Nuclear Engineering Technology
Five year Integrated M.Sc
Two Year M.Sc
M.Sc Ph.D(Dual Degree)
Admission for M.Tech,ME,Assistantship for relevant Doctoral Programs.
A bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/technology/architecture/pharmacy(4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes
Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year os such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the four-year integrated Master's degree programme(Post-B.Sc) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of five-year integrated Master's degree programme and dual degree programme in engineering technology
candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE(e.g AMIE) as equivalent to B,E/B.Tech.
Duration of exam:3hrs.
Admission for B.Tech,B.Arch.
Candidates who have secured 60% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD) marks in aggregate in their respective board examination are eligible for the test.
The JEE will be a single objective type examination which will test the comprehension and analytical abilities of students.
Admission for MBA (in all IIT's)
A Bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering or technology (AICTE approved) from a University/ Institute with at least 60% of marks or grade point average of 6.0 on a scale of 10.0 in aggregate based on average over the whole programme. Candidates with AMIE or similar distance learning qualification are not eligible for this programme. Candidates with Architecture degree can apply provided they have taken Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of nationally-administered JMET, a group discussion and a personal interview.
Candidates from outside India (foreign nationals and non-resident Indians) will be selected on the basis of academic background and work experience.
Reservation for SC/ST Candidates In this programme, 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, and 7.5% seats for ST candidates. Such candidates who have passed the basic qualifying degree as stated above are eligible to apply irrespective of marks/ grade point average but should satisfy the eligibility requirement of qualifying in JMET. However, while considering their cases only their suitability for the programme is ensured and they are not compared with the candidates belonging to other categories
Joint Admission Test -JAM:
Admission for M.Sc,MCA,M.Tech in IIT's
JAM qualified candidates shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IITs.
• At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC Category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PD Category candidates in the qualifying degree. For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalent percentage of marks will be decided by the admitting institute(s).Available Seats
M.Sc. Statistics :34
M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree program in Physics :12
Entrance Exam for M.Des
B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general/OBC category and CEED score>
(a) 75 percentile for general category/OBC
(b) 50 percentile for SC/ST/PD category.
Foreign National Admission Procedures
1. The applicants should send the applications (on plain paper) together with all supporting documents directly to the Dean of Academic Affairs (DOAA).
2. The DOAA will send the applications to the concerned Departments and try to identify the mentors (adviser) for the candidates. Together with this, the Department committee (DPGC) will find out the suitability of the candidate. The committee has to be convinced that the candidate has a reasonably good background to earn 7.5 CPI every semester.
3. On the basis of the recommendations of the Department, DOAA and the Chairman-SPGC will prepare the documents and get the approval of the Chairman-Senate for admission.
4. At this stage, the offer letters (admission only) will be sent to the candidates and they will be advised to contact the HRD ministry of their own countries for formal permission etc.
5. The selected candidates will also be suggested to find out the sponsorship. For the students from the European/North American countries, the problem may be trivial. However, we shall help the students, who will not be able to find out a sponsorship from elsewhere. We shall try for their support through ICCR .
6. Once all these are settled, the student will be asked to fill out a form (basically, name, passport number etc.) and submit it to the local Indian Embassy. This is in addition to his/her application for obtaining visa. In India, we shall also send requests to our home ministry through MHRD for the approval of a long-term stay.
IIT-Kanpur Providing Many Scholarships.
Aedunuthula Prasad Memorial Scholarship,Anil and Reshma Nigam Scholarship,Anurag Bartaria Scholarship,Arakere and Karen Vasudev Scholarship,BGM Kumar Foundation Scholarship,Baljit and Nirmal Dhindsa Scholarship,Bhagwan Das Kapoor Memorial Scholarship,Bhuwan & Indira Joshi Scholarship,Bimlavati & Nawal Kishore Kapur Scholarship,Dilip Kohli Memorial Scholarship,Dr. D. R. Bhagat Scholarships,Dr. Gurcharan Singh Kainth Scholarship,Dr. Hari Mohan and Pushpa Srivastava,Dr. K P Gupta Scholarship,Dr. V. Rajaraman Scholarship,Govinda and Indira Srikantiah Scholarship,Guru Ji Ghasit Ram Scholarship,Harish & Sushila Chandra Scholarship,Indian Womens Association Bonn Scholarship,Indra Dhanush Scholarship,Jasmine & Mohiuddin's Scholarship,K N Saluja Scholarship,Khem Chandra Yadav Scholarship,Kinra Scholarship,Kunta Jha Scholarship,Mahesh & Shashi Chandra Scholarship,Mathur Brothers UG Scholarship,Mona and Paramjit Singh Scholarships,N. S. Rajaraman Scholarship,Neeraj Kapoor Memorial Scholarship,Neta Ji Balwan Singh Scholarship,Nita Goyal and Ashish Gupta Scholarship,Nitish Thakor Scholarship,P D Murti Memorial Scholarship,Pandit Balajee Govind Hardiker,Prof. C N R Rao Science Talent Scholarship,Prof. Netarlal Kapur Scholarship,Protima Ghosh Memorial Scholarship,Pushpa Garg Scholarship,Rajnath Singh Scholarship,Ram Rajindra Malhotra Educational Society Scholarships,Ramesh Chandra Yadav Scholarship,Romesh Chandra Memorial Scholarship,Sagnik Asis Ray Scholarship,Sarpanch Salik Ram Katiyar Scholarships,Seema Jain Memorial Scholarship,Shanti Devi and Onkar Nath Maewal Scholarship,Shiv Kumari Shukla Scholarship,Shiv Parkash and Dayawanti Sharma Memorial Scholarship,Shri Bishamber Gupta and Smt. Anguri Gupta Scholarship,Shri D. P. Shukla Scholarship,Shrikant Mishra Memorial Scholarship,Simran Mandeep Kainth Memorial Scholarship,Smt. Dharmavati Garg Scholarship,Smt. Durga Devi Memorial Scholarship,Smt. Jagat Kaur Scholarship,Sri Jamuna Prasad & Smt Basanti Gupta Scholarship,Sri Kalpa Nath Singh Scholarship,Sri Singhasan Singh Scholarship,Sri Temasek@IITK Scholarship,Sudarshan Kasturia Memorial Scholarship,Swaminathan and Garg Scholarship,Tapan Kumar & Swapna Bandyopadhyay Scholarship,Vinay Kapoor Memorial Scholarship,Yashodha Yadav Scholarship,Yogendra Nath & Sushma Gupta Scholarship
Technicalsymposium.com - Stop Searching Here-Get All Our Contents Just in One Click
About-Us Contact-Us Site-map
©copyright 2009 All rights are reserved to technicalsymposium.com